• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

bkdc

Forum Donor
7DB67628-5173-4621-BDA7-2DDD14B71BE7.jpeg

Kevbaz

Back on the aberlour 12 year old Single Malt Whisky. Very nice, smooth and sweet.
I have mine with a small splash of water
Kev

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Rusty Nail.

Because nothing is better.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
new fangled margaritas
Great! Now I want a margarita...lol. I've only had one very very large one in my life and it was deliciOsO. I almost got cold brain drinking it because it was so huge and tasty. :D It was supersized and cost a bit but it was 100% worth the experience.

rgpit

Forum Donor
rare-breed-9.png

bkdc

Forum Donor
It’s one of them new fangled margaritas with additional agave… ;)
I have a bit of a sweet tooth. And it does seem just as authentic as sugar.

Is this some sort of mixture ready for making a beverage or random bottles of delicious nectars?

tequila + Cointreau (the best triple sec) + lime juice + simple syrup (sugar water) = margarita. Or Cadillac margarita. Siembra Azul is from NOM 1414 (Feliciano Vivanco) and is a top shelf blanco.

Last edited:

ccc118

My usual go to for bourbon has been Eagle Rare, but it's been very difficult to find around here for a while. Instead I've been drinking more scotch. For cocktails, I've been liking Negroni's lately.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One of the whiskey, scotch, rye and bourbon gurus here says that bourbon and Canadian whiskey are near identical. I'm not tasting them that way. Bourbon seems so much tangier. :D

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
One of the whiskey, scotch, rye and bourbon gurus here says that bourbon and Canadian whiskey are near identical. I'm not tasting them that way. Bourbon seems so much tangier. :D
I don’t think so. Bourbon, especially before the opening of the naming, was suitably unique.
Now it’s anything that is 51% corn with a minimum age in barrel.

ccc118

They're definitely not the same.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Brunch again. Same as a couple weeks ago.
Had their House Old Fashioned; solid effort.
Did the Cognac and Rum Side Car again because it is just too good. ;)
The “El Blanco” was quite good: Mezcal, Cocchi Anericano, Vermouth, twist of Orange.

Happy man, here.

Except that we are bumpin 100 in wine country.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Started to coold down a little... tacked on a couple home-made Bulleit Rye Paper Planes. ;)

bkdc

Forum Donor
Paper Planes are so tasty. It’s like bright orange goodness. Nonino and Aperol sure do work well together…. Whoever thought of using two types of amari knows his amari. Hah.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Paper Planes are so tasty. It’s like bright orange goodness. Nonino and Aperol sure do work well together…. Whoever thought of using two types of amari knows his amari. Hah.
When F&B is your profession, creating a buzz worthy cocktail (or food item like Nobu's Miso glazed sablefish) that becomes part of the repertoire is pretty special. It's only been around since 2007! Pretty fantastic... I agree! :)

I worked with a bartender that created a Gin and Tonic without tonic water. It was a straight up cocktail with many ingredients, but the end result was a stirred drink of all liquor that tasted exactly like what he was going for.
But unlike a real Gin and Tonic... you couldn't knock a few back on a hot afternoon. :p (...well... you could... just maybe not recommended.)

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
CDC2BD07-6C92-4F97-BFB1-A1770FFF993F.jpeg
You can really get away with middle tier rye like Old Overholt or Sazerac with these in a Manhattan.

Top Bottom