• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm slumming it today because I never bought imported whiskey or the top shelf stuff. I bought domestic Alberta Premium basic version. Costs about CDN $23.00 for a 750ml. Tastes kind of fruity and sweet with no tangy stringent aftertaste. It's one of the few 100% rye whiskeys available and the distillery provides whisky for a couple of USA distillers to mix in with theirs'
13418406-1_1578535516.png

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
5eeb8f704160602be40b0374_Russells-Reserve-6-Year-Rye-01a-p-800.jpeg

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
Using it as a mixer with ginger ale, was a Christmas gift. I don't usually drink many spirits, but spiced rum with a Coke or ginger ale/beer mixer is my weakness, just love how it tastes.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
product_image_450x450.png

Anyone ever try this?

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’d give you all the recipe for this but I don’t want to be held liable for the outcomes. Needless to say it’s more for, ummm, “fun” (?) than for the taste.

View attachment 175848
That looks like the "pineapple juice" that a ham radio buddy brought to a contest. We were setting up antenna towers in hot weather, and I took a swig. "Wow--that's drinkable!"

"And that would be your mistake," said he. It looked like pineapple juice, it smelled like pineapple juice, it tasted like pineapple juice, and it was even in a pineapple juice bottle. But it was most assuredly not just pineapple juice. "Contains less than 5% real fruit juice."

Rick "the antenna didn't fall down" Denney

Top Bottom