• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I really want to start an infinity rum and (separately) gin bottle.
https://www.google.com/search?&q=infinity+bottle

I think rum would be a good one. Gin might be tough, I have had some truelly terrible gins in my life that could easily ruin an entire bottle with a shot. I once bought, iirc, a Romanian Gin in a plastic bottle that was 70% off at the lcbo. It sat on my shelf for 7 years as I persistently tried to get people to drink it. Ruined anything it came in contact with - drinks, stomachs, evenings...

I am an occasional member of a whiskey club that meets once a month for tastings. They have an infinity bottle that gets served each meeting and is refilled with a shot of each whiskey that was served that week. I've really enjoyed the constantly evolving flavour.

Burning Sounds

Bruichladdich is his registered name....I know nothing about whisky, but the Classic Laddie seems OK to me, although probably too young for you
connoisseurs. I do like their Botanist gin, though.

bruichladdich-gus.jpg

A800

Bruichladdich is his registered name....I know nothing about whisky, but the Classic Laddie seems OK to me, although probably too young for you

View attachment 61361
Nice pic.
I remember this bottle, good stuff.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor

View attachment 61361

I like it. Much prefer it to their Islay Barley 2011. I checked, just to be sure...and because it's been that kind of day.

Attachments

• 15883686668745573805039120687501.jpg
    15883686668745573805039120687501.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20200512_225250.jpg

Trying to clear out the Kavalan. Much MUCH better with water. Fun stuff like kelp, soy sauce, custard and rum and raisin ice cream (neat, it's only plums and chili). If it's this hopelessly over-sherried at 46.0%, I can't imagine why it gets so much hype at cask strength.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
2019-TR6-750ml-resize.png

I ordered this 27 days ago. I received the goods today. So far, so good!

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Russell's Reserve 6 Year Old Small Batch Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey :)

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
well, I am out of Talisker so have been "forced" to shift to a bas Armagnac

Alexanderc

Forum Donor
I’ve been through a bottle of scotch a week since the quarantine began. Nothing exotic. Tonight it’s Aberlour 12.

OP
Soniclife

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The long list of lowland distilleries I care for follows.

Bladnoch.

Currently drinking the recently revived 10 year old, it's lovely stuff, heather, honey and pepper. It's not trying to be any other style of whisky, it's just doing it's own thing perfectly.
bdnob.10yov3.jpg

I have some excruciating first world complaints about the bottle and the box I won't bore you with.

Alexanderc

Forum Donor
Those who are in the know, please help. I’ve recently been exploring scotch whisky. I like the *idea* of non chill filtered scotches with no color (colour) added, but does it really matter? I’ve had the two big peated brands in my price range (Ardbeg and Laphroaig) and I feel as though I understand them, but don’t love them. So among affordable unpeated offerings, what’s your favorite? My budget is $60 US for a bottle. I assume this will vary by location, but it puts some of the standards out of reach where I live (Talisker, Lagavulin, Oban, Caol Isla, Cragganmore, Glenfarclas, and Dalmore from recent searches). I might spend a little more for something that everyone says I must try. With restaurants closed nowadays, I can’t just try a glass of something.

Top Bottom