• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

BigFKahuna

Wowowow... What a place. I found a place kinda like that in Vancouver; a Tiki lounge in a hotel. I used to take dates there and they loved it.
AF1QipOHp2SUBtb792duCvyx_CKrEBNyQ6G4OmxNp0fK=s1360-w1360-h1020
We stopped in here a few months ago while on my quest to find a decent Mai Tai on Oahu. Great ambience.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20230126_004303.jpg

Older single cask Caol Ila is terrific to behold, but my heart lies with the Glen Ord single cask bottled for Singapore, with it's old-fashioned resin and pear drops notes.

IMG_20230127_200825.jpg

I also got a bottle of this before Ben Nevis prices spiral any further out of control. Bidded up by opportunistic collectors and speculative "whisky investors" who aren't drinking whisky. Some rough edges, the age definitely shows itself, but also full of apricot, acacia honey, beeswax notes, and at a lower price than the standard Ben Nevis 10 bottling.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_45cd4317-fb19-4ad5-b9c2-d32ef90adb9e.jpg

Clynelish aged for 15 years in a first-fill sherry butt before bottling at cask strength of 59.6% ABV? Sign me up!

Not cheap whisky but likely the cheapest any ex-sherry Clynelish that age and ABV will cost locally moving forward, with prices climbing rapidly for any Clynelish.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
*sighs wistfully...

2 months no-beer. 1 month no liquor. ;) repeating at least this month and likely in April, too.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I've got one more month to go. I'm starting to get a little twitchy, though. The Lady is only pulling 31 days and is ready to pick up some Casamigos any day now in preparation.

droid2000

Hear me out... vodka with apple juice. My wife started making these. It's delicious. I call it the slutinator.

IMG_3280.jpg

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20230403_150016.jpg

I've been playing a fun trade-up game of whisky, that resulted in this 2-bottle set of limited edition Yamazaki for much much lower than what it is selling at - like almost 75% lower. I'm curious about drinking these as high-proof limited edition age-stated Yamazaki is usually not in my budget range at all, but the amount of money I could get off these would definitely go a long way. As in, I can get a bottle of really good 20-30yo Scotch and some Focals or an RME ADI-2 with cash to spare. This must be what people who manage to get Pappy at retail/slightly above retail feel.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Bet you feel better. Congrats
Thank you. And yes, it feels good. I haven't been this weight since College... And I haven't fit into that size Levi's but a few times when I have managed to keep some of the weight off.
;)
I'm at 230# right now, and pushing for 220 as my main goal.

Top Bottom