• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1630245830792.png

Can't think of a much better way to dip my toes in rum.

Local Cadenhead distributor also runs several bars. One of them is moving out, and has hundreds of Cadenhead bottles half-off for pours. Going back again tomorrow.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Queen Charlotte’s, produced by Muddy River Distillery near Charlotte NC, is my current favorite. Queen Charlotte's Reserve is barrel aged one year in American white oak barrels. It is smooth and flavorful with a great finish. They also make a 4 year, but the 1 year is my go-to.

I smile whenever sipping it, so it’s become a favorite “happy place” on the occasion when I enjoy a straight spirit.

63802FF1-D249-4788-BF0E-FB54D450DE74.jpeg

JayGilb

Major Contributor
I can ignore a beer or wine thread, but damn, there are some fine looking bottles of scotch in this thread.
It's been (does quick calculation) 14,353 days since my last drink and I can still taste it in my mind when I see those photos.

I will admit that I have sampled a wide range of mind altering substances in my life, but nothing was better than 2 or 3 minutes after having a good sip of scotch. The world was perfect for at least a little while.

Have a shot for me my fellow audio enthusiasts.

Lambda

Major Contributor
But nothing was better than 2 or 3 minutes after having a good sip of scotch.
Agree. The funny thing is i thought for very long whisky is disgusting....
Only because everything i have tried before was some sort of Bourbon like Jack or Jim...

But Scotch is a completely different game.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree. The funny thing is i thought for very long whisky is disgusting....
Only because everything i have tried before was some sort of Bourbon like Jack or Jim...

But Scotch is a completely different game.
So is rye. Not many true rye whiskeys I read the other day.
This very nice if it can be found and this is cheap and good too. It's domestic so it's good for straight up or mixing with orange juice. :facepalm::D

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ikcrtz6uq4481.png

A 1996 Arran bottled at 22 years by The Whisky Agency for Taiwan. Gets better the longer you leave it out in the air. Only 60 bottles (cask was probably split with another bottling/bottler). Someone got it for 85 quid at auction - lucky bastard. Tried it at a local bar.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Always the same, can of coke, 4 ice cubes and a triple of Wray and nephew overproof rum.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
St-George-Pear-Brandy-750ML-BTL_1800x1800.jpg

St. George Pear Brandy. 30 pounds of pears in each bottle. Good straight or on the rocks and gives mixed drinks new pear taste vive. Don't miss if love pears.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Recently had a few friends over for whiskey(mostly). Served with smoked duck, prime rib, chocolate, cheeses, cured meats, devils on horseback, and much more. Unfortunately, I never thought to take a picture of the spread.

Tonight, it will be Glenfarclas 12 and Benriach 9yr Batch 4(from a scotch advent calender).

Attachments

• 20211126_162229.jpg
    20211126_162229.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 76

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
So is rye. Not many true rye whiskeys I read the other day.
This very nice if it can be found and this is cheap and good too. It's domestic so it's good for straight up or mixing with orange juice. :facepalm::D

Despite being Canadian, for a long time I just thought rye was for getting drunk. Then I discovered Collingwood, and bought several bottles of their 21yr old release. Seems like there is much more of note being released over the last few years.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
for a long time I just thought rye was for getting drunk

And more modest, from a TotalWine shelf: :)

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor

And more modest, from a TotalWine shelf: :)

Ouch, that's even more pricey than the 40+ year old Canadian Club releases. Not available in Canada atm. But, I'll ask my brother in law to bring up a bottle of their 15yr old on his next trip up from California.

Top Bottom