• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
plymouth-navy-strength-gin.jpg

Not for pussy's . You can take the man out of Plymouth but the can't take the Plymouth out of the man ..

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Question is with higher proof spirits that you mix, do you use less? Or end up with a stronger mix?
Well it's just dehydrated gin , it's their normal gin just less water .

At home I make the same measure, very large ( 150ml ) mixed with 250ml of tonic and some ice and a slice. I tend to drink the navy strength slower , just a sub conscious thing ..

Plymouth gin is great as you don't need a fancy tonic , it works with coop tonic . Tarquin's on the other hand ...

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 80914
Not for pussy's . You can take the man out of Plymouth but the can't take the Plymouth out of the man ..
Plymouth is my gin of choice and I always have a bottle on hand, but the Navy Strength is not for me. I think it tastes different. I haven’t ever done a double blind test though ;)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Plymouth is my gin of choice and I always have a bottle on hand, but the Navy Strength is not for me. I think it tastes different. I haven’t ever done a double blind test though ;)
Well, if you insist on drinking it neat..... ;-)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
We must all get together, make a Gin TT and kinky blind fold ..

There will be cheese , @sergeauckland can you be trusted to participate?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I’m better now

Why, have you had a few of those already? I think simply making one does sometimes help a bit, but the enjoyment and relaxing is in the drinking. ;)

I do very much enjoy making mojitos since we've made a small basil forest that we can pick from. I just wish we lived somewhere we could have fruit trees to also have fresh home grown limes to use. Though I would hate the heat and humidity in the summer that comes with those areas. I'm not sure if it's feasible, but if it is I think a small green house is in our future.

Top Bottom