• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

spidf to Genelec 7350 AES?

radix

Major Contributor
Does the Genelec 7350 accept spidf over the AES input? That is, could i use Neutrik BNC to AES adapter OK or even just an RCA to XLR adapter? I want to drive these from a spidf coax switch from a few different computers. So, really I'd have rca to bnc to aes xlr. Or I could splurge on the $99 Hosa box.

It looks like some people have done the straight RCA to XLR cable and been ok.

Thanks,
Marc

MrOtto

Which cable do you use? Is it conversion from 75 ohm S/PDIF coax to 110 ohm AES?

GNK

This is quite an old thread, but does this solution works?
I'm looking for cheaper ways to get AES/EBU output for my Genelec SAM.
Thanks to @edbosscom I know that 110ohm cable with rca-xlr is ok,
but I wonder whether normal 75ohm rca-xlr cable would also be used for SPDIF(coaxial) to AES/EBU as digital connection(as <3m).

Tangband

Major Contributor
This is quite an old thread, but does this solution works?
I'm looking for cheaper ways to get AES/EBU output for my Genelec SAM.
Thanks to @edbosscom I know that 110ohm cable with rca-xlr is ok,
but I wonder whether normal 75ohm rca-xlr cable would also be used for SPDIF(coaxial) to AES/EBU as digital connection(as <3m).
The sound gets better with a digital signal feeding the dsp crossover directly, so digital connection is the way to go. One example:

When I watch television I use the digital output from my Yamaha wxc50 - rca to xlr cable ( 3 meters 75 Ohm ) to my first 8340 with no issues at all. Then daisy chaining to next 8340 with a 110 Ohm xlr cable. The Yamaha can be slightly bettered soundvise with a computer and a good DDC, so the digital output is not the very best you can get - but the sound with digital connection is better compared to yamaha:s analog outputs to my genelecs , which are slightly worse.

I dont know If this helped you.

Top Bottom