• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speakers for very small room.

riceFET

I have a very small (approx 2.8m x 2.8m x 2.4m) work/battlestation room that I'm looking to put speakers in for desktop use. Nothing too fancy. I currently have the Edifier MR-4 in mind. I'm also thinking about trying my hand with some DIY projects, but I want a "dip my toes in" purchase to see first if I have an appetite for speakers or if they're even suitable for my situation (occasionally noise sensitive family and small room).

Would a sub woofer help with bass or is the room too small for good bass?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@riceFET are you in a wood frame construction rental? If you are then the sub might be a bad choice because the bass sound will go right through the walls.

OP
R

riceFET

@riceFET are you in a wood frame construction rental? If you are then the sub might be a bad choice because the bass sound will go right through the walls.
Not a rental but a small room in an ancestral home (not really, but almost) that's older than me. The floor is concrete and so is two of the 4 walls, but there's an all wood one with similar dimensions that I can move while things are still being set up.

So I just go with bookshelf sized ones then?

Top Bottom