• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speakers for talk radio?

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Have you ever heard a Control 1? They sound very high pitched. They are tough as nails though. I was never able to fry one and I tried. :facepalm:
Thanks for the tip Doodski! Then they go directly to the dustbin. There may be a reason why no one placed a bid on them, despite a low opening bid.

Maybe these Wharfedale Diamond 220? Had she listened to music, they would have been perfect, but hm maybe a little too "nice" only for talk radio?

Damn this is dangerous for your own wallet. I'm starting to get hungry for them. :oops::p

It can probably fit within her budget those 220.They seem to be good. It probably makes the most sense to invest in a secure card. So to speak. So to speakers (horribly bad joke).:)

Attachments

• 20211122_080830872.jpeg
    20211122_080830872.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The 220's will be fine for talk. Your aunt may even find she likes listening to music on them. Could open up new worlds :)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the tip Doodski! Then they go directly to the dustbin. There may be a reason why no one placed a bid on them, despite a low opening bid.

Maybe these Wharfedale Diamond 220? Had she listened to music, they would have been perfect, but hm maybe a little too "nice" only for talk radio?

Damn this is dangerous for your own wallet. I'm starting to get hungry for them. :oops::p

It can probably fit within her budget those 220.They seem to be good. It probably makes the most sense to invest in a secure card. So to speak. So to speakers (horribly bad joke).:)

The Pioneer receiver will work well with the 220s too. It's built decently and that 4Ω capability will go a long way. Discreet transistor output stage.
cbc1fbd7--8acc.jpg

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
The Pioneer receiver will work well with the 220s too. It's built decently and that 4Ω capability will go a long way. Discreet transistor output stage.
cbc1fbd7--8acc.jpg
Fascinating how some models, from some years can have such a low price on the used market (at least where I live). Pioneer. Well known. Prices for some vintage Pioneer can be, hm quite high if I say so.That particular model , Pioneer SX-777,seems to be ok. I gave it $ 35 for it. Fully functional. Before that this Denon, Denon DRA-735R. Also well known brand. I gave $ 40 for it. It worked well except that it turned out to be a small damage on the connection to the FM antenna. I could, for my own part fixed the antenna connector but it would have been sad for my aunt so it was sold and I bought the Pioneer instead for her. She wanted a receiver with a remote control.

Both fully functional with remote control.:)

Those receivers are not "sexy" enough, I can guess. Hence the low price on the used market.

Denon DRA-735R

Incidentally, the green light from my aunt to bid on the Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom