• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speakers for savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm looking for replacements for my vivids..

I need a speaker that can handle EDM music and not shit the bed if you want to play above 80 db..

Right now a working speaker would be a revolution in my house

Man sized woofers, built by competent manufacturers and matching fidelity wise my vivids that it has to be said can sound very good...

I'm totally open but favouring these...,

http://jblsynthesis.com/tl_files/catalog/jblsynthesis/4367/JBL Synthesis 4367 White
Paper.pdf

The revel offerings are of intrest too..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You can't go wrong with either but the JBL 4367s would be my choice if I had the room and $.
If you like to go loud the horns will give you the breath and low distortion to please long term.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You'll blow them up.

Get the 4722N.

15dB louder with same power.

105dB - first watt

5ac3a239_vbattach193648.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought myself a pair of Andrew Jones designed Elac B6 's ...

View attachment 3947
:D

The pair of them were cheaper than getting just one of my drivers repaired and I bet they won't make strange noises..

Here is one of those special magazine reviews..,

http://www.stereophile.com/content/elac-debut-b6-loudspeaker#sWBDtQs8eAYX6oqs.97

Hi end Audio can kiss my old rotten ass

I see we are at an odd convergence... I recently heard a pair of old , retrieved from a theater Altec Voice of the Theater with old Eico tubes amplifier and they sounded dangerously good ... Either I am losing my audiophile ears or I have been brainwashed for too long with the audiophilia press... I would like to listen to these JBL and other Pro speakers, especially the Danley Synergy in the proper setting ... That is 2-channel in a good room. My current reflex is to get the one of the JBL Synthesis speakers perhaps the 4367 but I wouldn't mind a used K-2 model perhaps the M9500 or the S9700 ...

Man! the amount of money we have spent on audio jewelry !!!

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I see we are at an odd convergence... I recently heard a pair of old , retrieved from a theater Altec Voice of the Theater with old Eico tubes amplifier and they sounded dangerously good ... Either I am losing my audiophile ears or I have been brainwashed for too long with the audiophilia press... I would like to listen to these JBL and other Pro speakers, especially the Danley Synergy in the proper setting ... That is 2-channel in a good room. My current reflex is to get the one of the JBL Synthesis speakers perhaps the 4367 but I wouldn't mind a used K-2 model perhaps the M9500 or the S9700 ...

Man! the amount of money we have spent on audio jewelry !!!
Tell me about it.. I took leave of my senses for a few years there for sure. U.K. Hi end is a celebration of incompetence.

I'm liking your thinking.. All avenues I will try and explore myself cheers :)

Hi end audio, never have so few charged so much for so little..

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tell me about it.. I took leave of my senses for a few years there for sure. U.K. Hi end is a celebration of incompetence.

I'm liking your thinking.. All avenues I will try and explore myself cheers :)

Hi end audio, never have so few charged so much for so little..
Thomas

How much better is US High End Audio??

Now I would like to see more solid information on those Pro gear. I am interested in the Danley Synergy. I like the solid engineering of Danley , have never heard his speakers in an audiophile setting but have heard his subs , I am also interested by Earl Geddes Gedlee Speakers but Earl is winding down his speakers operation so ...
Japanese audiophiles have known the truth it seems and for years. JBL horn speakers are almost a religion there ... I would bet 80% of the JBL Synthesis speakers are sold in Asia.
I will certainly listen to 2 JBL horn speakers in an Audiophile setting (What can I say? The disease is strong and we actually enjoy being ill :) ) the 4367 and the M9500... Will form a better opinion. I hate the blue fascia of the 4367 BTW, love however the look and sound of the S9900 K-2 not the price I am voluntarily limiting myself to <$20K speakers. Aiming for a <$30K system including subS (yes plural) Amp, DAC, speakers ... Of course everything can be 2nd or nth hand :D

fas42

Major Contributor
Personally, if I wanted a smart solution in having speakers that would do loud effortlessly I would go Klipsch. Simply buy ones that are "refined" enough for your tastes, and mod as necessary. One experience in a large, everything and kitchen sinks as well, retail store said it all - all the "correct" brands were wussy rubbish when the loud pedal was pushed, only the Klispch turned it on effortlessly, pumped out "big" sound - excellent value for money.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Bought myself a pair of Andrew Jones designed Elac B6 's ...
The pair of them were cheaper than getting just one of my drivers repaired and I bet they won't make strange noises..
Here is one of those special magazine reviews..,
http://www.stereophile.com/content/elac-debut-b6-loudspeaker#sWBDtQs8eAYX6oqs.97
Hi end Audio can kiss my old rotten ass

Good plan.
Bet the Elac's will give you great service while you get things straightened out and decide where to go in the future.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Let us know how they work out. I have only heard them being demoed by Andrew Jones and wonder how much of its performance is Andrew's great playlist than the speaker.
Yea I will find out how good they really are, they have after all been hyped with a inch of their life's by the hifi press.

Ray, they should hopefully arrive on Monday.. Did you want to schedule a visit? :D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ray, they should hopefully arrive on Monday.. Did you want to schedule a visit?
Maybe Ray and I will come by together.
Got any good Kentucky Bourbon on the shelf?

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I will have to take a look what's behind the good stuff :D makers mark cask strength ok? Woodward reserve ??

I'm currently enjoying a Indian whiskey, amrut 'fusion' it's some fine superior shit.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

fas42

Major Contributor
Just looked at the Elac specs, for the first time. These are the sort of speakers I've nearly always used for my "experiments" - if put together well, with no internal weaknesses; and stabilised well, then they should deliver sound as "powerful" as one could ever need - driven properly! :p

My current NAD rig uses cheap Sharp speakers, they can soak up 200W - the NAD amp would be struggling to "frighten" them - and I'm nowhere near their limits yet ...

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Just looked at the Elac specs, for the first time. These are the sort of speakers I've nearly always used for my "experiments" - if put together well, with no internal weaknesses; and stabilised well, then they should deliver sound as "powerful" as one could ever need - driven properly! :p

My current NAD rig uses cheap Sharp speakers, they can soak up 200W - the NAD amp would be struggling to "frighten" them - and I'm nowhere near their limits yet ...

I might venture inside the Elac speakers and 'Frank' them:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom