• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker Switch with 12V Trigger?

-Matt-

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a speaker switch for the following use case...

I want to have two different surround sound configurations. 1) for when I'm sitting on my couch and 2) for movie night when we place seats nearer to the TV.

Basically, I have front wides and surrounds in config 1 and want to switch to surrounds and surround back speakers in config 2.

The problem is that the speaker connections to the AVR need to change between the configs so it can't be done via amp assign settings. Ideally I'd like to switch between the two outputs based on a 12V trigger signal. I think it will need to be a 6-way input and two sets of 6-way outputs (wired as shown in the table below):

AVR OutputSpeaker in Config 1Speaker in Config 2
SLSLFWL (acting as SL)
SRSRFWR (acting as SR)
SBL-SL (acting as SBL)
SBR-SR (acting as SBR)
H3LFWL-
H3RFWR-

Any suggestions?

Edit: I guess it may actually be better to switch both +ve and -ve for each channel. In that case I'd need twice as many inputs and outputs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom