• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker survey

Yameyo

Hi all

Thought it might be interesting to see what speakers are commonly used by us ASR forum members and users. You can use the following link to enter the manufacturer and model of your primary system speakers in a Google Sheet. In a month I'll tidy up the spreadsheet and compile and share the results. Only one entry for each user, please.

Didn't see this done before on the forum, but if it has been, please let me know to cease and desist!

OP
Y

Yameyo

Just bumping this thread to keep it visible.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Martin Logan ESL-X’s with dual JTR Captivator 2400ULF subs. For 2 channel content.

For multichannel you don’t have enough space in your table. I don’t have the app to edit the table so I typed it out here.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't access your survey at work. DIY alien robot speakers, Sui Generis brand ;)

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Okay
Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX. ( With REL subwoofers). They sound perfect to me. As did the Spendor S100's they replaced!

OP
Y

Yameyo

Good idea whoever added the 'satisfied?' column.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
I'll pop them on if you like. What do you have?
Thanks Yameyo
On this desktop, the spreadsheet opens, not on my ancient ipad, however.
So I have been able to add them, unless there is already more than one of us! :rolleyes:

OP
Y

Yameyo

KEF popular so far, but we've still got a small sample size.

Waxx

Major Contributor
Most of my systems are diy (at least the speakers), the only commercial speaker i own and still use is my good old 1976's Goodman Mezzo SL's, which are a kind of reference for me (I own them since decades). It's still one of the best sounding speakers i know about, even if it's almost 50 years old. I don't know if it's relevant for your survey to mention them.

All the rest i use now (but my car speakers) are own design and build.

Plcamp

I just added two. Because I have two big rooms with two systems about equally used.

OP
Y

Yameyo

Most of my systems are diy (at least the speakers), the only commercial speaker i own and still use is my good old 1976's Goodman Mezzo SL's, which are a kind of reference for me (I own them since decades). It's still one of the best sounding speakers i know about, even if it's almost 50 years old. I don't know if it's relevant for your survey to mention them.

All the rest i use now (but my car speakers) are own design and build.
Hi. Please feel free to add. I just thought it would be a bit of fun and interesting to see what we'd all ended up purchasing and listening to, and whether that seemed to match up with what we'd all expect.

ajramirez

Not sure how to add to the spreadsheet, so here it goes. Dynaudio Evoke 10. Satisfied. FWIW, I run them with a KEF KC62 sub.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Added mine. I know there are measurements on line somewhere but can't find them right now so will add a link to them later.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I had Martin Logan ESL with ML sub. Now I have a Vizio Elevate sound bar. The sound bar is amazing and sounds fantastic.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all

Thought it might be interesting to see what speakers are commonly used by us ASR forum members and users. You can use the following link to enter the manufacturer and model of your primary system speakers in a Google Sheet. In a month I'll tidy up the spreadsheet and compile and share the results. Only one entry for each user, please.

Didn't see this done before on the forum, but if it has been, please let me know to cease and desist!

Revel Salon2

Top Bottom