• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker setup poll 2: stereo vs multichannel vs both (added: headphone setups)

Speaker setup poll 2: stereo vs multichannel vs both

• I have a stereo setup only

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I have a multichannel setup only

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I have both stereo and multichannel setup (two separate)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I have a headphone setup only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a headphone setup and stereo setup only

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • I have a headphone setup and multichannel only

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I have all three

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As a follow-up of the poll

I would be interesting to find out how many of you that have only stereo, only multichannel or both (i.e. two different systems). Headphone poll added.

Last edited:

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Both polls leave out the option of a headphone rig, either as a stand alone or in addition to stereo and multichannel. If we're going to have a poll, let's ask the right questions to find out the most complete info... IMO.

OP
Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Both polls leave out the option of a headphone rig, either as a stand alone or in addition to stereo and multichannel. If we're going to have a poll, let's ask the right questions to find out the most complete info... IMO.
Fixed

Ata

Forum Donor
I have all three, but for many reasons one of the headphone setups is the daily driver, stereo listening less than an hour or two a week, multi-channel basically only for movies -- listened to some multi-channel music, still need to warm up to it.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just use headphones for speaker voicing, but I guess that still qualifies as a headphone setup.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I checked "have a multichannel setup only" but I have 3 of them.

OP
Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I just use headphones for speaker voicing, but I guess that still qualifies as a headphone setup.
Hmm. I have a pair of headphones that I use only when I travel and I have a number of devices with headphone outputs (which I never use). Does that qualify as a headphone setup? :)

OP
Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm. I have a pair of headphones that I use only when I travel and I have a number of devices with headphone outputs (which I never use). Does that qualify as a headphone setup? :)
Yes. If you have them and use them.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't have a headphone setup except for COVID. The family insisted I listen privately:rolleyes:

Trouble Maker

I said all 3 with an *
I have 'serious' 2.0 setup and headphone setup.
I have a 'toy' multichannel setup, maybe some here would argue it's not. I have a (true) 5.1 sound bar setup (separate 'sub' and surrounds).
The sound bar is connected to the TV and 2.0 setup is in the same room. Sound bar is for TV/Movies, and 2.0 is for music.
So I answered all 3.

OP
Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I said all 3 with an *
I have 'serious' 2.0 setup and headphone setup.
I have a 'toy' multichannel setup, maybe some here would argue it's not. I have a (true) 5.1 sound bar setup (separate 'sub' and surrounds).
The sound bar is connected to the TV and 2.0 setup is in the same room. Sound bar is for TV/Movies, and 2.0 is for music.
So I answered all 3.
It counts. Quality and quantity of each type of system is not on topic. If it works and you use it, it’s fine.

Trouble Maker

I wouldn't have a headphone setup except for COVID. The family insisted I listen privately:rolleyes:
I wonder how many people are like this with headphones.
The only reason I had a headphone setup was for in office.
I set it up with work from home, but rarely use it. I put it in the closet a few weeks ago, and have had no reason to get it back out yet.
With some return to in office, I should either take it into office, or sell it and get some speakers for the home office. I was thinking a single iLoud MTM horizontally below my monitor would be prefect for background music when I'm plowing through something monotonous.

OP
Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess many younger people would have voted headphone only. Maybe a category that rarely a member of ASR. Headphone market grows strongly.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HI

I have a MCH setup.
I listen to music , exclusively in 2-Ch stereo mode.
I have a headphones setup
I have a 2-channel soundbar system.

The best of my system in term of accuracy is the headphones based system, by far.
The most satisfying is the MCH-Audio-system-but-used-with-2-Ch-for-music,
The most surprising is the unassuming SONOS Beam soundbar. It has no right to sound so good.

Frequenting ASR has stripped me of my golden-eared-Audiophile creds :(
:)
Peace

Top Bottom