• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker recommendations to pair with a Bluesound Powernode N330?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

RichardDLO

Hey by the way, what did you set your crossover at with your DBR62's when using a sub ? Are still using sub, I don't see it in your picture anymore.
Based on spinorama data I would probably cross at 100hz.

NoGoodPoints

I just purchased the Powernode and The Elac Debut Reference. Not received yet but disappointed to hear that you think the powernode does no have the grunt required to power speakers. I bought speakers for current sale and it frustrating that a 489.00 speaker needs a 1000.00 amp to shine. I was on the path to buy a Purifi ET400 based amp and use the preamp version of the Bluesound, think it's just called Node. I'm guessing you have turned on the sub circuit which turns on high pass filter? Where does your powernode / elac combo lack?
How big is your room? Are you buying a sub? If you are looking for the room to rattle and hit 80-90db+ with those speakers (which are great, specially for under $500), NM the amp, you would be disappointed.

RichardDLO

How big is your room? Are you buying a sub? If you are looking for the room to rattle and hit 80-90db+ with those speakers (which are great, specially for under $500), NM the amp, you would be disappointed.
I plan to use a subwoofer. I will test with and without the highpass filter as I understand it has plus and minuses. Allowing the speakers to do all that they do well and just using the sub to support them can be better than cutting the speakers off too high. I'll see. The room is 11x14 with the system on the long wall. Not looking to rattle anything.

NoGoodPoints

I plan to use a subwoofer. I will test with and without the highpass filter as I understand it has plus and minuses. Allowing the speakers to do all that they do well and just using the sub to support them can be better than cutting the speakers off too high. I'll see. The room is 11x14 with the system on the long wall. Not looking to rattle anything.
Makes sense. Sounds like you will be in a good spot.

Top Bottom