• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker Question - Blackweb Multimedia Speakers VS Logitech S150 (for home computer use)

JohnMajor

My 20 year old speakers I've had since childhood have recently started to fail on me, so I've been looking for a cheap desktop stereo speaker replacement. I normally use a pair of Sennheiser headphones for my listening pleasure (HD 800S to be exact) but when I actually want the sound to fill the room, I switch to my speakers.
I just got back from Walmart and picked up some Blackweb Multimedia speakers for $20, but by default, they don't sound natural at all, even worse than my ancient ones. I'm only able to get it to sound decent if I set the Windows Equalizer Setting to "Soft" and turn the physical bass knob on the speaker about half way up. Even though this sounds much more natural and less artificially crisp, it's still not entirely balanced. Some parts of songs are drowned out by other instruments and aren't as punchy as I'd like.
I have 90 days to return these speakers. If I do, I'll probably trade them in for the much cheaper $12 Logitech S150 digital USB speakers. Before I do this though, is there anyone here who has heard these speakers who can vouch for how good they are?
vidmate mobdro word counter

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Those are really tiny computer speakers. It'll be hard to get good sound or acceptable bass out of them.

Try the JBL LSR305. They go for about $100 USD each when on sale.

The computer speakers I've used for years were the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 I don't know the current price. I bought them new for about $150 CAD ten years ago.

Top Bottom