• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker overload question

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hey hello
I have a pair of r300, they doesn't give too much spl as R3, i usually listen nearly to the max volume, but sometimes i hear the woofer making the sound of a woofer being overloaded ( because i don't pass the limit too much i hear sometimes the woofer making that weird sound but when i hear that i turn down a bit the volume since it's very little if you don't put too many volume from pre amp )
but my question if it's safe hear music nearly to the max volume ( when i start to hear the woofer producing these weird stuff, but for hear more the woofer doing that thing i need to put more volume but i never did that thing, if i hear the woofer making that weird sound i turn down 1 or 2 step for delete complete that audible thing.

It's safe to listen nearly to the max volume? sometimes i just can't avoide that thing, its very dificult since all the music have different Dynamic range so i can't just sit a number in my pre amp and just never pass...

For example if the music its metal i can't hear the woofer in the early audible distortion i need to make the weird sound a bit louder turn up the volume for notice more the problem, but in music which have more silent pasages, is more noticeable

Top Bottom