• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

speaker match for topping e30/l30 combo

markyboy156

hi i want to use a set of speakers with the topping e30/l30 combo i was thinking jbl 305p mk2 speakers i want it for all out action gun blazing heavy explosive blockbuster movies plus for pop rock heavy metal rave techno house r&b hip hop funk classical orchestra in that order

plus same for playing games as well

or instead of the jbl 305p mk2 speakers what would give me the sound quality at top performance level that the e30/l30 can do taking into account what i like above

also could i add a intergrated amplifier in addition with the e30/l30 combo as well if so what would be the perfect intergrated amplifier for this setup as well
equipment i have already i have playstation 5 disc version
new xbox console that has just been released

plus panasonic ub820 4k player
plus a hawaii mate 20 pro
iphone pro 11
plus fiio mk3 mp3 player
supereye mp3 player
tiimoo mp3 player as well thanks

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The L30 won't do anything for your speakers. It's a headphone amp. If you want to use the L30 you're gonna have to disconnect the speakers from the E30 and hook up the L30. Bit cumbersome, but it'll work.

Thing is, you're currently looking at the 305p. Those are active studio monitors. They don't need an amplifier because they are active. They also only take a balanced XLR or TRS input connection, where the Topping E30 only does unbalanced RCA out.

Now, you could buy an unbalanced RCA-to-XLR cable, and hook the E30 up to the speakers, but you'll probably run into ground loop issues (like I did). You can try to fix this by using an optical connection to the E30, or with an added USB noise isolator (some people here have had good luck with the Nobsound isolator), or just choose a balanced DAC/preamp instead.

You could use the Topping E30's preamp mode for volume control, but this'll mean you'll need the Topping remote and have it in preamp mode exclusively.

Will you watch the movies on your computer or on an actual TV? If TV, you'd have to go optical to the e30, put the e30 in preamp mode, use unbalanced RCA-XLR cables to the JBL's and then only control volume through the Topping. Not ideal. If using a PC you could still control volume through Windows volume control, but you lose some dynamic range.

Last edited:

Strato007

Hi this is a good question because I had the seam understanding but this advertisement makes me getting doubts…
“Set L30 as pre-amp mode to active speakers” why??????

Attachments

• 1DCA1B42-9B85-46DE-BF8D-D14B3233F41C.png
    1DCA1B42-9B85-46DE-BF8D-D14B3233F41C.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 196
Top Bottom