• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker Jumpers

Andykay

"If, and only if " you have changed your standard post wiring to special jumper wires from the OEM steel jumper plates on the back of Klipsch RF7IIIS specifically, what are your thoughts on any sound changes regarding this modification.

I am only interested in someone's responses that have this unique experience with the RF7III'S and don't need any "snakeoil" lectures.

Thanks, in advance for "helpful" specific information.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-001028_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-001028_Chrome.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20220117-001151_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-001151_AliExpress.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20220117-002633_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-002633_AliExpress.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
what are your thoughts on sound improvement regarding this modification.
Absolutely none.

Don't you think all speaker manufacturers would include these kind of jumpers if it would change/improve anything?

Sure, any copper, silver or whatever will have better conductivity than gold plated brass. Yet, it doesn't matter at all with such lengths. The stock brass straps will have low enough resistance to deal with any audio signal whatsoever.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you have changed your standard post wiring to special jumper wires from the OEM steel plates on the back of Klipsch RF7IIIS specifically, what are your thoughts on sound improvement regarding this modification.

Is it worth $30-50 changing the OEM binding post plates to the jumper style?

Thanks

Wrong forum to ask this question. You should ask in other forums instead. People in this forum do not believe cables makes any difference.

alex-z

You are talking about a distance of less than 2 inches. Brass strips vs copper wire, the difference in total system resistance is margin of error and completely inaudible.

You could bridge the binding posts with a rusty coat hanger and get the same audio quality.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People in this forum do not believe cables makes any difference
You're actually right : We do not believe. We just know. :p

More seriously, tho : Nope, cables actually always make some differences, but audible ones? Only in extremely rare cases. Anyway, that cannot happen with 10-15cm jumpers.

Katji

Major Contributor
You could bridge the binding posts with a rusty coat hanger and get the same audio quality.

...btw... Q Acoustics (Concept 20 at least) has jumpers that are like coat hanger wire, just thinner and chromed.

OP
A

Andykay

Wrong forum to ask this question. You should ask in other forums instead. People in this forum do not believe cables makes any difference.
I thought I was specific about the post wanting info from those trying the jumpers on the RF7iii's. What forums would be better and less biased?

audio2design

Major Contributor

Yes, you should never ask questions about cables in a forum populated by engineers, physicists, acoustics experts, psychoacoustics experts, etc., and other technical experts who may actually understand how cables conduct electricity, the impact that may have on the components it is connected to, and what the likelihood of audibility is. I mean how dumb it that. You would be much better off asking that question from accountants, and carpenters, and plumbers, and nurses, and long haul truckers. They understand that sort of stuff way better.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, you should never ask questions about cables in a forum populated by engineers, physicists, acoustics experts, psychoacoustics experts, etc., and other technical experts who may actually understand how cables conduct electricity, the impact that may have on the components it is connected to, and what the likelihood of audibility is. I mean how dumb it that. You would be much better off asking that question from accountants, and carpenters, and plumbers, and nurses, and long haul truckers. They understand that sort of stuff way better.
Still seeking for the double like button. :cool:

I thought I was specific about the post wanting info from those trying the jumpers on the RF7iii's.
Oh. Sorry if you wanted your answer specifically for the RF-7 MkIII... In case I wasn't clear: This stands for any speaker, including the RF-7 MkIII. ;)

What forums would be better and less biased?
JoyousUnkemptGhostshrimp-max-1mb.gif

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
It isn't belief, it's knowledge.:)
No, some cables trying to be exotic can screw up the sound. Some were so capacitive the actually upset amp stability.
Not giving up my 16 gauge zip cord though.

Cut a jumper out of hot sauce can. Maybe it sill "spice" up the sound. :facepalm:

Slayer

Is it worth $30-50 changing the OEM binding post plates to the jumper style?
If for some reason you are convinced there might be some audible difference (which to be clear there won't be).
Why would you spend an unnecessary $30-$50 ? Why wouldn't you instead just use some standard OFC speaker wire?
A couple of 2'' pieces of wire won't cost you anything, plus, you can then verify No audible difference.
It will save you time, money and gain some knowledge. There are No jumper plates you speak of, that are going to be better than good old OFC wire.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

AudiOhm

To have these small jumpers make an audible difference you will need to add 72v biasing.;)

To feel good about your jumper selection, remove the speaker connector cup,

look inside and see the small cheap wire feeding the crossover and drivers, then decide...

Ohms

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
If for some reason you are convinced there might be some audible difference (which to be clear there won't be).
Why would you spend an unnecessary $30-$50 ? Why wouldn't you instead just use some standard OFC speaker wire?
A couple of 2'' pieces of wire won't cost you anything, plus, you can then verify No audible difference.
It will save you time, money and gain some knowledge. There are No jumper plates you speak of, that are going to be better than good old OFC wire.
Or a bent nail.

Think about what is inside the speaker. Big coils made of plain old wire. Voice coils made of plain old wire. How do you think 2 inches of magic strips can matter? It does matter to the salesman's boat payment, so any sound you hear is his laughing.

Slayer

Or a bent nail.

Think about what is inside the speaker. Big coils made of plain old wire. Voice coils made of plain old wire. How do you think 2 inches of magic strips can matter? It does matter to the salesman's boat payment, so any sound you hear is his laughing.
No shit. I know, 99% of those on this site know what's in a speaker. I never said it would matter. Magic strips won't matter, which is why I suggested he try plain old OFC wire, to prove it wouldn't matter.
I was trying to be polite when responding to the OP's inquiry, rather than giving him a snotty response. There is nothing I stated in my post that should be considered wrong or controversial.
So, your response to my post and many of your responses to other members posts, as of lately, only lead me to the conclusion you may suffer from some reading comprehension or just have an argumentative way of yourself, which you do not realize.
My intention is not to be an ass when possible, and not offend when possible. But sometimes you come off as being a very arrogant individual.
If this was not your intent, no harm, no foul, just move on.

Top Bottom