• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

speaker in briefcase

Orly67

Hello Guys, i have a project for to build a speaker in my briefcase. Dimensions are 6 cm P x 25 cm H x 36 cm L .how do we calculate the right speakers that will play correctly with these dimensions. Is there any software for that? Thanks so much and sorry for my bad english.

OP
O

Orly67

Hello Guys, i have a project for to build a speaker in my briefcase. Dimensions are 6 cm P x 25 cm H x 36 cm L .how do we calculate the right speakers that will play correctly with these dimensions. Is there any software for that? Thanks so much and sorry for my bad english.
i forget that i have a macbook pro i don't know if there are software for mac

Zek

Major Contributor
i have a project for to build a speaker in my briefcase.
Which speakers?
What's the purpose of speaker in briefcase?
Is the briefcase sturdy enough for the speakers?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Or, at the other end of the speakers in luggage spectrum...

1612010277869.png

1612010292572.png

Electrovoice Sonocaster. EV "Michigan" MC-8 "fullrange" (twincone) drivers in Samsonite luggage-style enclosures.
High sensitivity and... not bad, actually. "Great for tube amps." :cool:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

1612010460699.png

paddycrow

Forum Donor
Not sure why you're set on mounting speakers on a brief case. As a rule, briefcases are light and not designed for rigid walls. Once the speakers are mounted, it's not particularly useful for carrying anything. If portability is your goal, I would suggest making an MDF cabinet with handles mounted on top.

That being said, automotive speakers would probably be good candidates. Especially ones designed for mounting into car doors. They should meet your depth requirement and should produce decent sound. They are available in a wide price range depending on your budget.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

We're going to need a lot more information to help here, I'm afraid :)
  1. How many channels do you want (one/mono or two/stereo would be the options, I presume)?
  2. Are you looking for a single full-range driver (per channel, if more than one channel), or to make a two- or three-way speaker? (My advice would be to make it two-way.)
  3. Where/how do you intend to use it (indoor or outdoor, desired listening level, etc.)?
  4. Does the briefcase need to also hold other things, or will its only function be as a speaker enclosure?
And lastly, why do you want to do this? (Not that it's a bad idea if your goal is aesthetic or similar, but it's just not the optimal way to do things if your goal is sound quality.)

OP
O

Orly67

Not sure why you're set on mounting speakers on a brief case. As a rule, briefcases are light and not designed for rigid walls. Once the speakers are mounted, it's not particularly useful for carrying anything. If portability is your goal, I would suggest making an MDF cabinet with handles mounted on top.

That being said, automotive speakers would probably be good candidates. Especially ones designed for mounting into car doors. They should meet your depth requirement and should produce decent sound. They are available in a wide price range depending on your budget.
Thank you so much bro. You know some software for calculate the correct dimensions??

OP
O

Orly67

We're going to need a lot more information to help here, I'm afraid :)
  1. How many channels do you want (one/mono or two/stereo would be the options, I presume)?
  2. Are you looking for a single full-range driver (per channel, if more than one channel), or to make a two- or three-way speaker? (My advice would be to make it two-way.)
  3. Where/how do you intend to use it (indoor or outdoor, desired listening level, etc.)?
  4. Does the briefcase need to also hold other things, or will its only function be as a speaker enclosure?
And lastly, why do you want to do this? (Not that it's a bad idea if your goal is aesthetic or similar, but it's just not the optimal way to do things if your goal is sound quality.)
am a tattoo artist and often travel with my big briefcase. I just don't like the original sound that was installed on this case. I thought to myself that maybe it was possible to improve it ??
To answer your question I would like a two voice and for use it will always be indoors in convention or in the studio.
Thanks so much bro.

Attachments

• enceinte malette.jpg
    enceinte malette.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 113
OP
O

Orly67

am a tattoo artist and often travel with my big briefcase. I just don't like the original sound that was installed on this case. I thought to myself that maybe it was possible to improve it ??
To answer your question I would like a two voice and for use it will always be indoors in convention or in the studio.
Thanks so much bro.

Attachments

• enceinte malette.jpg
    enceinte malette.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 86

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
With that case construction it's not hard to make a deeper lid which would give you more options, particularly if you want more bass. Maybe take something like the Carmody Isetta and alter the dimensions to suit your case, keeping the volumes the same?

OP
O

Orly67

With that case construction it's not hard to make a deeper lid which would give you more options, particularly if you want more bass. Maybe take something like the Carmody Isetta and alter the dimensions to suit your case, keeping the volumes the same?
thanks Somebodyelse is good idea but i don't know if is suitable for only 2,36" Deep. What do you think about?

Adam Bernau

Forum Donor
Yes, it is possible. Your limit is the size of the lid and its depth, you must be able to close the briefcase, so
you have to tear off the existing sound system and the upholstery and measure.
Let me know when you know the cavity dimensions, preferably in milimeters, and i will try to give you some good advice. Also please write the model and name of the amp device that is there, so we can decide if it should stay or not. :) IS there perhaps also some battery with it? Let´s find out.

Top Bottom