• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker clone possible ?

hex168

Lots of JBL parts here:
I did not try to find the parts for the L82. You could always build a copy M2 instead, but your 20" height requirement might be limiting!

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In that range of 35Hz, yes. The 1.5ft^3 tower will hit 30Hz.
And it does so with authority.

Warning, you'll want to turn them up!

Capitol C

The L82's I'm referring to just came out in 2020 I think, I have no idea what drivers there using but I believe there making the speakers in China I was thinking the drivers or something very simialar would be easy to get.
I was mistaken, it's a kit for reproducing the Dyncao A25 for some reason I had Advent stuck in my head.
You can buy and restore an original pair of A-25s for a lot less than this price as long as you get a pair with intact drivers.

OP
L

LouB

You can buy and restore an original pair of A-25s for a lot less than this price as long as you get a pair with intact drivers.
Thanks,
Interesting, I'm not familiar with those & did a google search & didn't come with any hits on that model. After looking into it & trying to get some solid advice/plans without much success I've decided to bite the bullet & buy a new pair of L82's. But....I may go with the L100 classic re-issue just on the fence about spending another 1.5K. Also have kinda of un-suspected move happening so I'm going to have to wait until Febauray to buy them.

Capitol C

Thanks,
Interesting, I'm not familiar with those & did a google search & didn't come with any hits on that model. After looking into it & trying to get some solid advice/plans without much success I've decided to bite the bullet & buy a new pair of L82's. But....I may go with the L100 classic re-issue just on the fence about spending another 1.5K. Also have kinda of un-suspected move happening so I'm going to have to wait until Febauray to buy them.
They are all over ebay, and are well-regarded speakers. Either way, though, you'll have a lot of fun! Enjoy the music.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Yeah, but -- you end up with a pair of A-25s.
Now mind you, I like A-25s. Couple of pairs of them here, as well as a pair of A-35s. They are very pleasant to listen to -- but they're not exactly end-game loudspeakers, nor were they during their fairly long production run. They were good value loudspeakers that were sensitive and easy enough to drive to permit them to be used with pretty much any halfway decent electronics, even if low-powered (e.g., something like a Sherwood S-7010 receiver of the early/mid 1970s, all 10-ish wpc of it).

s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom