• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker amplifier vs power amplifier

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I assume this is interfering with/confusing searches a bit, so might be nice for uniformity. I am not volunteering particularly....

Reactions: MAB
OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Because it clearly matters to you, you are critical of it, and you have a vision.
All true but that doesn’t mean I know who the curator(s) is.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What a tough crowd. Someone out of the goodness of their heart volunteered to do some data entry, and here is their reward.
No good deed goes unpunished :D

Have to say I assumed the whole 'speaker amplifier' thing was something American that I'd never heard of or maybe not noticed before.

Reactions: NTK

FrankW

tempurpedic-complaints.png

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No good deed goes unpunished :D

Have to say I assumed the whole 'speaker amplifier' thing was something American that I'd never heard of or maybe not noticed before.andit
Been a Yank (American) my whole life, and it had me scratching my head.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What a tough crowd. Someone out of the goodness of their heart volunteered to do some data entry, and here is their reward.
Who ever did the data entry has my kudos but just because someone did a good deed shouldn't be a reason not to question about that deed.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Who ever did the data entry has my kudos but just because someone did a good deed shouldn't be a reason not to question about that deed.
Feel free to volunteer to go in and fix it.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Feel free to volunteer to go in and fix it.
I like to help but it will be wrong to meddle without first communicating with the person who created the system.

@amirm if that something you want me to get involved with maybe you can guide me. I run an online agency and I have the required skills and resources.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I like to help but it will be wrong to meddle without first communicating with the person who created the system.

@amirm if that something you want me to get involved with maybe you can guide me. I run an online agency and I have the required skills and resources.
OK - I wasn't expecting that - Kudos. :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why are power amplifiers being called speaker amplifier? And, what is the difference from just amplifier?
I took your original post question to be rhetorical.
And wanted to use pasted image, as possibly an example that has many sub-categories.
I don't ask why anymore, I was just being the messenger.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom