• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spdif out of Amazon Echo of Fire TV

MCH

Major Contributor
Hello,

I am thinking of getting an Amazon music single device subscription -> must use an Echo or Fire tv stick.

What are the options to get a spdif out of either of those?

Thanks.

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
Echo Link! :facepalm: don't know why it didn't show up in my numerous searches for "echo" in Amazon.de...

Anyways, I read here in ASR that the link dowsamples eveything etc etc. Would I be better served by a fire tv stick + some sort of audio extractor with spdif out or is there yet another solution?

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
Hey Mal, thanks for your answer.
I eventually got the fire stick and precisely the same Amazon basics extractor that amir reviewed.
It is true that the fire stick connected to the Amazon basics extractor outputs Amazon music HD at 192khz no matter what, so it might not down-sample but it surely up-samples (the stick, not the extractor).

Anything else coming out of the fire stick/Amazon basics extractor is at 48khz. So I would say it (the fire stick) probably downsamples content when it is originally not 48khz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom