• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SpaceX Starship could be ready for Mars in 4 years.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW, the helo is about to take off soon. Not a long time from the Wright Bros. to this.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Apparently you cared enough to post you don't care . What names did you use for your children?
I used Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I used Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.
Well I would have used names from the Dune trilogy or the Foundation series. But none of that would have any bearing on how good my business is.

lord45

Looking forward to the first crewed mission to Mars with Starship. By the way, China announced that it aims to send its first crewed mission to Mars in 2033, with regular follow-up flights to follow, under a long-term plan to build a permanently inhabited base on the Red Planet and extract its resources."

lord45

Frankly to say, I have doubts that Chinese space technology is not advanced enough as they claim. I've figured out recently that China is going to build a moon station on the surface of the Moon together with Russia. That fact doesn't seem really trustworthy to me. Last of all, I guess that building a moon station on the surface of the Moon can cause some international conflicts on Earth between particular countries.

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Frankly to say, I have doubts that Chinese space technology is not advanced enough as they claim. I've figured out recently that China is going to build a moon station on the surface of the Moon together with Russia. That fact doesn't seem really trustworthy to me. Last of all, I guess that building a moon station on the surface of the Moon can cause some international conflicts on Earth between particular countries.

I agree. Haven't seen anything from Russia or China yet that makes a sustainable Mars base a possibility.

It will all depend on if they have reusable rockets. (Rocket fuel is peanuts compared to the cost of rocket ships). As long as they haven't solved that it will be a Herculean effort to even build a space station on the moon. Once they do solve it though, it's just a matter of scaling production. Even Mars will be within reach.

Looking forward to see SpaceX set the example.

lord45

Yeah, I agree with you about reusable rockets. China doesn`t have them yet. But still, they are heading really fast towards new technology and new openings in space exploration.

lord45

SpaceX Starship will officially be the single solution for the first lunar landing mission under NASA’s Artemis program to return to the Moon. This comes after the US GAO backed the decision to use Starship as the lander, stating it didn’t break any laws with the selection. The space agency first announced its decision to land astronauts on the Moon with SpaceX in April, but legal protests from the Blue Origin-led National Team and Dynetics halted progress for the contract.

Top Bottom