• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sources for good music reviews

bladerunner6

Forum Donor
I subscribe to Sterophile for the articles on music. I like that part of the magazine but I skim over the reviews of $500K turntables and other such nonsense.

As I said, I like the music portion but most of the magazine just literally goes unread. And I do feel I am enabling an interest in audio equipment of dubious value.

Any other good sources for music reviews?

Thanks.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I subscribe to Sterophile for the articles on music. I like that part of the magazine but I skim over the reviews of $500K turntables and other such nonsense.

As I said, I like the music portion but most of the magazine just literally goes unread. And I do feel I am enabling an interest in audio equipment of dubious value.

Any other good sources for music reviews?

Thanks.
I use YouTube extensively and as one uses it more YouTube suggests more and more music for the listener. I have gathered a large amount of jazz and fusion titles this way. It takes awhile although it's worthy of a little bit of investment.

OP
B

bladerunner6

Forum Donor
I use YouTube extensively and as one uses it more YouTube suggests more and more music for the listener. I have gathered a large amount of jazz and fusion titles this way. It takes awhile although it's worthy of a little bit of investment.
That is a good idea but I do like the idea of getting whole albums. And I like buying CD’s- not for Fidelity reason but because I like cover art, liner notes etc and they are often less expensive than digital downloads.

How do you think YouTube would work for me then?

Thanks.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I do like the idea of getting whole albums.
I have recently used YouTube where all the available music was strictly complete albums and not just singles. The availability of albums seems to be getting more common in the rock and jazz that I listen to.

Top Bottom