• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Source for DAC

pmvali

There is a discussion on "what is the best digital audio source to feed a DAC". I want to give my experience on the subject matter.
I connected a DAC to a LED TV through USB port of TV. The DAC once again connected to a audio amplifier and to a pair of Speakers. The TV is receives audio signal from Amazon Firestick.

I am not a audio engineer. But I think the TV gets audio signal from Fire Stick in Digital format and decoded by DAC available in the said TV.
I think the USB port on TV gets the Digital Audio Signal bypassing the DAC of TV

Now a days, we can install many Audio Streaming Apps on Fire Stick like Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, etc. besides amazon Prime Music.

1. FIRE STICK ---- > TV
2. USB (TV) ------ > DAC
3. DAC ------------> AUDIO AMPLIFIER
4. AUDIO AMPLIFIER -------> SPEAKER (SONY)

This are the connections. The audio quality is excellent. The assumption is " USB port on TV gives out Digital information "

Last edited:

Wicky

Your assumption is correct, digital from tv to dac, the analogue part is from the output of dac onward

Top Bottom