• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

sounds your dac, very bad on laptop ,with usbcables, try this

doitttt

sounds your dac, very bad on laptop ,with usbcables, try this
I made experiment with my laptop
expensive usb cables require very precise power and 90ohm for audio channels
if you experience that
distortion from your laptop
due to the power not being accurate enough from the usb port on the laptop
i have laptop lenovo thinkpad t530
distortion from my dac gustard x20pro was very high
to my speakers neumann 310a
i use supra usbcabel very precisely one of the best
i discover by putting usbhub on
between and usbhub and laptop 50cm usb cable double shielded
from usbhub to dac supra cabel
distortion disappeared very clear sound and detail could hear immediately
no snake oil
came to highend usbkabel more sensitive over inaccurate power
and ohm 90ohm
sorry my bad english
google translate

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Strange about this is that 15 meter USB cables are being offered for sale when the engineering spec limit is about 5m. USB was not designed for such long cable lengths.

Katji

Major Contributor
I wonder which language it was - I think it might be the worst I've seen from Google.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

mansr

Major Contributor
Strange about this is that 15 meter USB cables are being offered for sale when the engineering spec limit is about 5m. USB was not designed for such long cable lengths.
The 5 m limit comes from the maximum signal propagation time from a host to a device via a chain of five hubs. With fewer hubs, as is usually the case, a longer cable can be used without exceeding the time limit. Maintaining signal integrity may still be a problem, of course.

Dilliw

I dumped the computer/laptop as a source long ago and haven't looked back. Just too many services running concurrently, and when you have a problem (I have) you have to shut down services/programs individually until you find the culprit. For $150 and the cost of of whatever size micro SD you want an LG G7 solves all issues.

Katji

Major Contributor
I've never had a problem - if I did, I don't remember, because it was like 10-15 years ago. Phone/Android just brings more/other problems - including LG problems.

Top Bottom