• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound & Vision 2018 - Bristol (UK)

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
I realise a bit far for most of the forum members, but anyone going to this?
http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/
Any suggestions from @amirm on what to do/ ask at a show?
I’ve never been to one, but might go to this, as I’m in Gloucester that weekend.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I’ve never been to one, but might go to this, as I’m in Gloucester that weekend.
I’m local to that one but have never been.., I’m in LA that weekend so I will miss it again this year..

I’m told it smells lol if you go check that out and report back..

OP
Ceburaska

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
It smells?
The hifi? Venue? Bristol?
You better not mean Glos or this thread is moving to the fight club section tout suite.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
As I hail originally from Bristol I used to attend quite regularly. It certainly was a big show, although I havent taken a look at the exhibitor list this year. Its the usual hotel fair, very hot and exhausting as it was always packed out. Queues of geeks go round the corner to get in :) My appetite for these shows has dwindled over the years as less and less equipment impresses me. There are usually discounts on offer if you fancy buying something.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
As I hail originally from Bristol I used to attend quute regularly. It certainly was a big show, although I havent taken a look at the exhibitor list this year. Its the usual hotel fair, very hot and exhausting as it was always packed out. Queues of geeks go round the corner to get in :) My appetite for these shows has dwindled over the years as less and less impresses me. There are usually discounts on offer if you fancy buying something.
Did you ever frequent the old duke?

OP
Ceburaska

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
As I hail originally from Bristol I used to attend quute regularly. It certainly was a big show, although I havent taken a look at the exhibitor list this year. Its the usual hotel fair, very hot and exhausting as it was always packed out. Queues of geeks go round the corner to get in :) My appetite for these shows has dwindled over the years as less and less impresses me. There are usually discounts on offer if you fancy buying something.
I thought you were an Ozzie?
Queues of geeks isn’t an enticing thought.
And I’m trying not to buy anything new right now.
Will decide this week.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Did you ever frequent the old duke?
Only a few times.

I thought you were an Ozzie?

I am now :) One thing I miss is proper pubs and history. Everything in Perth is too new.

Old Duke pub and music venue and Llandoger Trow pub dating from 1664

11787176.jpg

OP
Ceburaska

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Perth was my favourite Oz city when I visited in 2000. Bloody hot though!

Top Bottom