• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound quality [TOSLINK] of Non-Expensive Streamers?

letsgoo

Hey, I am looking for a CD Player but with Radio function. I now have a blu ray player to play cd, but there is no screen showing the track number, and it bothers little bit.
I just found on Amazon.de a product like this: auna iTuner CD HiFi-Receiver (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07FNLPTZV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ABV9J41D2VYA9&psc=1), which could be the right thing for my purpose.
I mean when I use toslink and connect this to my external dac or the integrated dac of my amp, it should not make any sound difference than a more expensive one like CD5005 of Marantz or like that, isn't it?

What is your opinion?
And btw. am I in the correct forum? :p

I wish you guys a nice day!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You should buy two and send one to Amir for measurements. ;)

OP
L

letsgoo

You should buy two and send one to Amir for measurements. ;)
:p:p Oh, that is an idea... but intercontinental shipment..... is not easy! :-(
But I mean normally, if there is a digital output, isn't it the same?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
:p:p Oh, that is an idea... but intercontinental shipment..... is not easy! :-(
But I mean normally, if there is a digital output, isn't it the same?
Yes, unless they really did something dumb, it should sound just fine played thru your DAC.

OP
L

letsgoo

Yes, unless they really did something dumb, it should sound just fine played thru your DAC.
Thanks for the confirmation! :) Let me try this out soon when they offer Amazon-Delivery!

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For the price they are offering a lot and if it doesn't work you can send it back to Amazon. I suspect that measured performance will probably be unimpressive but that audible quality will be OK. Maybe worth a go. Although if you look around you may get one of those Denon or Yamaha micro systems offering similar features for not that much more and with a bit more comfort in the manufacturers provenance.

OP
L

letsgoo

For the price they are offering a lot and if it doesn't work you can send it back to Amazon. I suspect that measured performance will probably be unimpressive but that audible quality will be OK. Maybe worth a go. Although if you look around you may get one of those Denon or Yamaha micro systems offering similar features for not that much more and with a bit more comfort in the manufacturers provenance.

Thank You. I almost forgot that there are some micro systems! Is there but also possibility to connect them "digital" to the amps with int. DAC?

rfeng

I am also looking for a inexpensive CD Player with network streaming feature.

Here is a similar one TechniSat DigitRadio 140 - DAB+, Network Player(UPnP), USB and CD Player( https://www.amazon.co.uk/TechniSat-0000-4983-DigitRadio-black/dp/B075LW7S4R/ )

It is from a Germany company and available on amazon.co.uk, amazon.de.

However very little user reviews about available in English.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-16-19-05-21-564_浏览器.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-16-19-05-21-564_浏览器.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 431

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Is there but also possibility to connect them "digital" to the amps with int. DAC?
In the case of something like the Denon D-M39S, NO. It has no digtal outs at all. That's not what this class of components were made for. They're designed to be full integrated mini systems.

Willem

Major Contributor
I am not quite sure what you want. If you are interested in radio I suggest you abandon fm and opt for internet radio. It will give you far more stations to choose from and often better sound quality. I stream using an Chromecast Audio streamer with digital output into an external DAC and using the TuneIn app.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are quite a few CD players with streaming and digital output if you want an optical drive. Yamaha make some, often available at clearance prices. Onkyo did a nice looking one too.

Top Bottom