• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound-off If You Think You're Going Back to Work in the Office on the 30th!

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yeah. Two weeks to slow the virus? We've transitioned. But, to what?

Last edited:
OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Seriously folks, we gotta come out sometime and live with this virus. How are we gonna do it?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm retired so don't have to make that choice but am somewhat at risk if I expose myself. When will you think the risk is worth it? Do you have exacerbating pre-conditions?

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Well, Type 2 Diabetes and Sleep Apnea. So, yeah? But, what will the aftermath be like to live in?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
My office days ended in 2002.

All I've had to do during this latest episode of The End of the World as We Know It is maybe just a little less of what I wouldn't be doing anyway, and take a little extra care doing it.

I'm still on the lookout for some darned hamburger buns, though. I checked recipes for making some, I have the ingredients on the shelf already. Ok, I'll do that tomorrow.

I do need to pick up a prescription refill, I suppose I'll use the drive-though for that instead of going inside.

My next planned activity, other than the usual occasional necessaries, won't occur until around the 4th of July, when we drive to Texas and stare at a lake for a few days.

That is, provided the world as we know it hasn't ended yet, and there are not endless checkpoints manned by armed militias blocking the way along the intended route, and the oil companies haven't gone bust, and so on.

Last edited:

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
30th of May seems more likely. Employers (I work for a large company) are not going to risk even suggesting people go into work until we are beyond all clear or there is government messaging so they can cover their ass.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
30th of May seems more likely. Employers (I work for a large company) are not going to risk even suggesting people go into work until we are beyond all clear or there is government messaging so they can cover their ass.

Last week I was told two weeks by THE GOVERNOR. My wife was told eight. I'm bettin' on 16 weeks total WFH for each of us.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
No chance. At least two months WFH at the lower range.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Until they have statistics of the curve at least flattening, ain't nothin' gonna happen. They also need widespread and quick testing as well as huge growth in hospital beds, respirators, masks, gowns, and so on. Knowing what antiviral drugs help would make a difference too. Once they feel like they can handle the influx of cases that will result from life going back to normal+social distancing, then things will change. I worry for my employee/friend, though, who got nailed by H1N1 in 2009. He has poor lung capacity, so going back to work in public is an iffy proposition for him. I can always put a HEPA filter in his room, but he'd need a large supply of N95 masks, and even those could strain him since they limit your oxygen. Plus my parents. Plus my grandmother. My aunts and uncles. Ugh. We're dropping off food for my mother in law tomorrow. I can't help my parents. They're too far away.

astr0b0y

After three years of unemployment, I started a casual position three weeks ago. Job went bye bye today so that’s a no from me. At least I have my uni studies to keep me busy.

KozmoNaut

I figure it'll top around mid-to-late April in Europe, with the US being perhaps 2 weeks after that. I fully expect to be working from home all of April, perhaps into May.

Prana Ferox

There are a lot of folks still out there getting food and stuff delivered, and keeping the power, water and comms flowing. It's still bumper to bumper traffic here at 6AM.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ve worked from home for more than 15 years.
This is my take on when life returns to normal...
30th of what? Certainly not March.
April? Possibly.
May? Hopefully.
June? Probably.
July? Likely.

Martin

Last edited:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I'm sitting in my office at work at the moment. WFH is only a dream.

Top Bottom