• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sorry about site being down

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So I had just crossed the border into Canada and I check the site and see that the security certificate had expired and the site would not load as a result.

I was fuming as a few days ago I paid the bill to renew it. But strangely, they refunded my money with no explanation. Well, what they did was that they terminated my certs at the same time. :mad:

Had to fight traffic to get to some place with reliable internet. Finally got there and fixed things. Meanwhile the SSL provider has no idea why they pulled the plug on me.

Anyway, they ruined my evening. Hopefully it didn't ruin yours with the site being down.

BigVU's

Forum Donor
I thought maybe I said something noobish and I was booted. Hooray.. oh wait... better just dig into some more reads. Thanks!!!

ripvw

Forum Donor
Anyway, they ruined my evening. Hopefully it didn't ruin yours with the site being down.
At first, I thought ASR got hacked by someone associated with one of those subjective audio forums. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that anyone with serious hacking ability would be a member of THIS forum...

BillG

Major Contributor
At first, I thought ASR got hacked by someone associated with one of those subjective audio forums. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that anyone with serious hacking ability would be a member of THIS forum...

I was thinking it might have had something to do with that TotalDAC fiasco, and that ASR might have been hacked as a result - its designer was supposedly a telecommunications engineer at some point... ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought you must have been linked to 8chan and cloudflare shut down your subversive site.;)

DuxServit

Forum Donor
Run ASR content on a blockchain and get members to contribute in cryptocurrency ;)

Then we’ll have world peace, for ever and ever :D

graz_lag

Major Contributor
As it happened during our night time, we were not very much affected here in the Old Europe, except to the few sleepwalkers ... :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I thought attack as well...glad it was just someone's incompetence rather than maliciousness.

I'm just sorry it ruined your evening! That's the stuff that matters at the end of every day...

Thanks for everything you do for the site.

simbloke

Forum Donor
After my wife's hosting service wanted a pile of money for https I put her (simple) site on Amazon S3 behind CloudFront. Pretty easy, and cheap. Not as easy of course for the software behind this site.

typericey

I thought the site was finally DDOSed by angry DAC makers.

I thought the same, among other conspiracy theories, haha. I felt cold turkey, in much the same way Gen Z's would freak out whenever Instagram goes down.

busan

Been a lurker for a while, registered just to ask what happened yesterday. Thanks for the update :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Nah, it was a good thing. I got some real work done around the house. :)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Been a lurker for a while, registered just to ask what happened yesterday. Thanks for the update :)
Well welcome to ASR. Glad you registered. Hope to hear more from you.

busan

For the most part I am just an audio-fool (as you can tell from my gear list, that is before I got wiser), until I delved into assembling some DIY kits and measuring it with a calibration mic. I think in the end of the day numbers speaks louder than everything.

Top Bottom