• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony WH-1000XM5 Roon DSP settings

seedless

Hello everybody, news to the forum, hoping to have posted to the right section.
I'm moving first steps with Roon and was wondering if someone of you did the job to set the DSP for the Sony wh-1000xm5 headphones and want to share. I've found some measurement on the internet and tried to build my own setup but with poor results, lack of experience I guess :)
Thank you.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The XM5 changes its frequency response depending on what mode you're in (ANC or Ambient), so keep that in mind when EQing.
I found four measurements online, so could send you some presets based on those for you to try out.

OP
S

seedless

The XM5 changes its frequency response depending on what mode you're in (ANC or Ambient), so keep that in mind when EQing.
I found four measurements online, so could send you some presets based on those for you to try out.
Yes please, share it, I'll be glad to try.
Many thanks

Nicholas Bedworth

Hi! Please share the EQ for ANC mode... and also does anyone have measurements of the ANC attenuation vs. frequency?

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I use Oratory1990 with ANC mode and they sound great.

Top Bottom