• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony Walman NW-ZX707 (new product)

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So Sony is releasing a new Walman product, the NW-ZX707.

Official AD:

Price? Around $799 (yes, very expensive).

Official site:

Last edited:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Price seems interesting. Bit more expensive than a FiOO M11PLUS. I was always interested in Sony's DSD upsampling. Let's hope there will be more information soon :).

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Finally they are moving to a USB-C charging port! The old flagship Walkman (can't remember its name) had one of those silly proprietary ports. That means, another cable which is easy to lose, have to carry spares, etc. And really really old Walkmans had proprietary memory cards (Sony Memory Sticks). Oh yes, and their Minidisc players (I was persuaded to buy one by a friend) had their silly ATRAC software which only allowed you to transfer a track to the Minidisc 3 times.

Saidera

I like the design, but that's about it.

shiruba

Finally they are moving to a USB-C charging port! The old flagship Walkman (can't remember its name) had one of those silly proprietary ports. That means, another cable which is easy to lose, have to carry spares, etc. And really really old Walkmans had proprietary memory cards (Sony Memory Sticks). Oh yes, and their Minidisc players (I was persuaded to buy one by a friend) had their silly ATRAC software which only allowed you to transfer a track to the Minidisc 3 times.
They have been using USB-C for a while, including the previous model, the ZX505.
Memory stick always sucked in every way, but at least Sony did have the sense to abandon it finally.
If your MD Player had software (Sonic Stage I guess), then it was one of the last models. Sony makes great cameras, phones, and audio stuff, but their software has always been the absolute worst.

HCT-5808

Sony Japan published a long feature about this new Walkman: Sony Walkman Feature

My Japanese is not great, but I noticed the usual DSD conversion routines feature, DSEE Ultimate (said to be same as the more expensive NW-WM1ZM2). You can also use it as a USB DAC. Seems pretty feature packed for about $900, if your looking for a nice DAP. Would love to see measurements.

Saidera

I agree that this DAP is feature packed, with impressive features being shared from the higher end models. What's most important is that the walkman continues to show the market how portable audio can be made interesting with features and hardware no other company has really attempted to provide.

dartinbout

Price seems interesting. Bit more expensive than a FiOO M11PLUS. I was always interested in Sony's DSD upsampling. Let's hope there will be more information soon :).
How much is it if they include the "K"? 8*p

Top Bottom