• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony ubp-x700

davidebond

Hi,
can I use this player to listen to music with a headset without connecting it to a TV?

Is it worth purchasing it? Can you suggest me a budget cd player which could reproduce various formats?

Thanks and best,

Davide

staticV3

Master Contributor
can I use this player to listen to music with a headset without connecting it to a TV?
Yes, but you have to use an external DAC + headphone Amp.
For example:
-Topping DX3Pro+
-SMSL C200
-Khadas Tone Board + JDS Atom Amp+

JaccoW

I have used the UBP-X800 blu-ray player with bluetooth in the past which sounded fine. (even though I could hear a difference compared to a good DAC).
You will either need a receiver with HDMI or a DAC/headphone amp through Coax like Statis mentions above.

There are many, many good vintage CD, Multi-format and SACD players available that could work for you.

What is it you want to listen to and with what kind of headset?

OP
davidebond

davidebond

I own a Topping dx3 pro (without plus... :)). But you can suggest a different choice.

Thanks and best,

davide

staticV3

Master Contributor
It's got analog and digital output, so you can either use its built-in DAC (likely not very good) plus an external headphone Amp to listen to music, or you can use your DX3Pro via S/PDIF or Toslink.
Again, no TV required.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

Do you mean that using an external dac, with the Sony (see above) or the Yamaha the result is the same?

OP
davidebond

davidebond

From this point of view is best sparing and purchasing the Sony... :)

Thanks and best

davide

Top Bottom