• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony ta 55 es monaural for Tannoy xt 8f: will it work or burn?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24907
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24907

Hi all. I am running the speakers on an NAD C368 and am thinking of buying 1, and later on another old Sony poweramp. However the Tannoys go down to 2.9 ohm and when I check the Sony specs I am not sure if it's possible without blowing up the gear. I am not that technical so.. comments are welcome.
TAN55ES_Specs.jpg

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've owned the TA-N55ES previously and can say that it's beautifully built and in my experience driving multiple 4ohm speakers it never had an issue. Not sure why I sold it to be honest. It also has volume control in case you'd like to plug a line level source without volume control directly into the amp.

OP
D

Deleted member 24907

Thank you very much! I ended up buying a yamaha mx2 earlier today. It was a 30 minute drive so I couldn't resist. Slightly chipped machine so I paid 325 euro. Should be doing fine down to 2 ohms. Sounds way better than the nad c368 which now serves as preamp.

Top Bottom