• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony STRDH190 vs Denon PMA30 With Concept 20 - Sound Quality difference?

OP
wrigglycheese

wrigglycheese

:) Welll, sorry to "insult your speakers," but I have Concept 20 and I'll be getting around to selling them...they were superseded first by Beta3 (pro audio 12" + compression+flare tweeter) and then recently by Edifier S3000PRO. It took a while for me to decide for sure, so I could say "definitely better" - first a week or two, then over about 2 months. Although I still have to say [me, and this room.]
The Concept 20, I was often amazed, impressed...but it does seem that I tended to get the "listening fatigue" problem with them. ...The main thing is that the Edifiers' planar tweeters are so much better than anything else I've heard. "Smooth and clear." :)

Urrrrr.... Yeah mate - that's a £600 speaker - what are you smoking?

Katji

Major Contributor
Well...DP's I suppose, :) but we're talking about these? - Q Acoustics Concept 20...

1616690468428.png

1616690524452.png

...I didn't have them on decent stands, though.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
EDIT2: OOOOPS So I ordered the SMSL and could not cancel the Sony because it had already been dispatched :facepalm: HAHA ah well all good I will try the SMSL FIRST as it's small and easy to return!
...and?!?

Another alternative for any thread readers is this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CJZGT6H which I purchased from Amir's positive review, small amp with actual real power. No remote, but this is being run essentially as a power amp from an Apple Airport Express. Seems really fine into a set of JBL ControlX; gotta run it into the big Focal 936 someday and compare to the Denon AVR-X3600H.

Top Bottom