• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony NW-A100TPS walkman ... emulation

solderdude

Grand Contributor
really cool retro. I really like it.
Too bad it's a bit too expensive.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cute idea...but the battery life is probably terrible from keeping the screen on all the time.

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
9 hours, the display can be switched off after a specified time.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
9 hours, the display can be switched off after a specified time.

I believe this is the same device as the A105 Amir reviewed recently, just with the fancy packaging. AKA a stinker.

(I originally thought might be a nice keepsake)

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I really liked the walkman part, the enclosure around the DAP and the animated tape graphics.
I wish there were skins of more tapes.... :D
Price and performance... nah.
Not going to buy it, wouldn't last as long as a real walkman did with some TLC either.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
When I first saw the advertisement I was hoping that they revived the original player. I have a bunch of cassettes I would love listening to. On the used market prices are crazy high for good Walkman models, with a lot needing servicing after buying.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I've started to do something like that years ago with a Raspberry and a 3.5" screen, using tapes pictures (TDK AD 90).
There is a guy in the web using real k7 players and install a smartphone on Android with his soft to emulate the K7.

During the lock down with my wife we finished this one:
1591622592808.png

And this is a real WIFI player with vumeter. I mean you can use the tape out to grab signal if you want...

A video... Not as nice as the Sony....

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I really liked the walkman part, the enclosure around the DAP and the animated tape graphics.
I wish there were skins of more tapes.... :D
Price and performance... nah.
Not going to buy it, wouldn't last as long as a real walkman did with some TLC either.
Wow, amazon warehouse deals are selling one at £510!!!! (Used, like new)
The identical A105 can be had for £250 and they have LOTS in the Warehouse deals.

Top Bottom