• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony MDR-V6 cable replacement / mod.

Cecile

Hi,

I have a sony MDR-V6 that I love, but the cable and jack connector have suffered and I want to replace them. I use it on both an ok soundcard and directly on CD player for real listening, and on phone and laptop for calls and remote work. I'd like to have several cables (for different length and easyer access).

I'm not 100% sure would work, but what I hope I can do is put a TRS 3.5mm jack on the headphone so I can eventualy add a mic on the headphone, and a TRRS 3.5mm jack so I can use either a 4 wires cable to an apple jack usb adaptor (for my phone), a 4 wires cable to 2 3.5mm jacks (for soundcard), and a 4 wires cable to TRRS jack for laptop.

I need at least the cable I will use for the jack usb adaptor to be very light (the adaptor is not built to handle a heavy coiled cable / connector).

My questions are :

- Is what I want to do possible ?
- What cable would you advice me to buy ? (I'm not a huge believer in 100€ cables on a 20 years old 100€ headphone, but probably an ok silicon cable would be good for phone, a coiled cable for the laptop... amazon and aliexpress mainly have pvc or mesh covered cables)
- Any good 3.5mm TRS or TRRS female panel mount jack that I can easily found on aliexpress or thomann ?

thanks,
C.

Tremolo

Top Bottom