• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony Esprit

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I really would like a Sony Esprit pre-amp, specifically the TA-E900, it uses ‘potted’ modules, I am presuming that this moght be extremely difficult to re-lace forty years on? @ Restorer John ( or anyone else) any experience with Sony of that period?

Keith

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Harmonie do you use Sony of that period?
Keith

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nope,

I had a digital K7 deck in the nineties, but sold it after a few months.
I'll check what model it was

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I really would like a Sony Esprit pre-amp, specifically the TA-E900, it uses ‘potted’ modules, I am presuming that this moght be extremely difficult to re-lace forty years on? @ Restorer John ( or anyone else) any experience with Sony of that period?

Keith
I retailed Sony ES and higher end stuff in the early to mid 80's through the mid 90's. There where very few issues with the gear whether that was mechatronic or electronic. The potted modules will negate any service of them and if replacement is required a like unit with identical modules for swapping will be needed. This TA-E900 looks like a very nice example of Sony ES product and would be a keeper for the collection.

Jmsent

Had both a TA E 88 and a TA-E900, along with a pair of TA-N900Long time ago. They were beautifully built, and sound quality was very good for the time.

Top Bottom