• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony(Bravia) TV and Panasonic BD player and recorder not working properly via CEC.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I spent a good part of the day going thru the settings of both devices as well as looking at online Sony and Panasonic help pages.

I was about to contact Sony when I thought of the possible cause. I use an HDMI -splitter to feed the signal from the Panasonic to both the TV and my graphics monitor.
I removed the splitter and now directly feed to the HDMI of the TV only. Problem fixed.

I only used the monitor for 'background' use, to save on the old Plasma TVs 500W power consumption. Now I have a LED(actually liquid-crystal) TV that arrangement is no longer required.

If you are going to use an HDMI splitter, get a CEC capable one if you wish to use the CEC function between CEC equipped devices.

I am getting too old for this modern electronics compatibility stuff.
hydrant-dog-peeing2.jpg

Last edited:

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
CEC is routinely problematic. HDMI splitters/repeaters are also a can of worms. So not surprised the combo caused problems. :)

Maybe a test of HDMI splitters is an idea to follow?

Top Bottom