• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sonus Faber Concerto to Revel F208?

12Many

I am considering getting a pair of Revel F208 for use in a 2 channel system and HT. Powered by Benchmark amp and the room is large, 18 w x 35 deep and 10 foot ceilings. I currently have a pair of old concerto book shelfs and a couple subs. Do you think this would be a worth while upgrade? The F208 are not my end game but I want something different. Might only keep them for a couple years. I can afford more, but want to try out some speakers instead of buying one pair and keeping them for 10 years. I want something a bit more crisp and energetic than my current speakers, which can be a bit soft. I want something neutral and not bright. Music ranges from blues, male/female vocals and guitar, southern rock/folk and a bit of electronic. Thanks.

Last edited:

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am considering getting a pair of Revel F208 for use in a 2 channel system and HT. Powered by Benchmark amp and the room is large, 18 w x 35 deep and 10 foot ceilings. I currently have a pair of old concerto book shelfs and a couple subs. Do you think this would be a worth while upgrade? The F208 are not my end game but I want something different. Might only keep them for a couple years. I can afford more, but want to try out some speakers instead of buying one pair and keeping them for 10 years. I want something a bit more crisp and energetic than my current speakers, which can be a bit soft. I want something neutral and not bright. Music ranges from blues, male/female vocals and guitar, southern rock/folk and a bit of electronic. Thanks.
There's a HUGE difference. I've got a pair of Cremonas in my 2 channel (MC 7300) and Revels all around in my 5.1, with the F208s in the front (M106 center, S16 sides). So I listen to both daily. You'll find the 208s, especially with a sub a very satisfying experience. The 208s are a sizeable step up from the Concertos, IMHO... and you get much more bang for the buck with the Revels, than moving up the SF line. Between my Cremonas with a Dynamo 1100x sub and the 208s with the same sub, is a fairer fight than with the Concertos. Enjoy the trek.

Top Bottom