• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sonoma M2 headphones arrive!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes there has been some sort of change of management, Warwick are now in charge, they are also now distributoring themselves in the U.K., hence my renewed interest .
I am by no means a headphone expert or even fan, but the Sonoma’s do sound good, just like a real;y good set of monitors in a benign room.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Pierre has already posted, but this is the Warwick Acoustics site,
https://warwickacoustics.com/about-us/
Warwick designed and manufacture the electrostatic elements of the Sonoma M1 headphones.
Keith

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The title says M2 arrived...
The rest is all about the M1 (great sounding headphone)

Is there an M2 or is it a typo ?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is the M1, we had a pair last year from the then U.K. distributor , now Warwick are distributing themselves within the U.K. which makes sense so we have ordered some more, so it’s a case of deja-vu.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There is going to be a new even more super-dupa model from Sonoma/Warwick but it’s a secret so don’t tell anyone.
Keith

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Oooohhh ....

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sonoma Model Ones developed in the Uli by Warwick Acoustics, their goal was to design a headphone system that sounded like a world class monitor in a well treated room.
Electrostatic, with energiser and dac all in one elegant package.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/copy-of-kii-audio-3

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t tried Bacch at all, it looks really interesting , but I just don’t see a saleable product yet, I feel it needs to be included with speakers, I mentioned it to Martijn at Dutch&Dutch .
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I haven’t tried Bacch at all, it looks really interesting , but I just don’t see a saleable product yet, I feel it needs to be included with speakers, I mentioned it to Martijn at Dutch&Dutch .
Keith
Getting to grips with the software seems involved but it’s amazing with open backed headphones when it’s all setup. It redefines the experience of using headphones and brings into question whether some need speakers at all imo.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
their goal was to design a headphone system that sounded like a world class monitor in a well treated room.
Have they achieved that? Their website makes it sound like they have only used the DSP to correct frequency response, which does not sound like enough to make them sounds like speakers.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have they achieved that? Their website makes it sound like they have only used the DSP to correct frequency response, which does not sound like enough to make them sounds like speakers.

I've heard them and as far as I can tell the DSP is just to even out the frequency response.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I think they have a crossfeed algorithm, I will check, the sound is not as ‘in-head’ as other headphones I have tried, not that I have heard that many.
Keith

Top Bottom