• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sonoma M1 Electrostatic Headphone System

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
For sale my ex-dem Sonoma M1 Headphone System, headphones and combined amp and dac, RRP is £5k
Asking £2850 inc vat.

Keith

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lovely headphones, and I'd love a pair but more than I'd be allowed to spend on headphones I'm afraid :(

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Excellent sound quality, perhaps one of the best around.
If only it were less expensive, even considering your price, and could play a bit louder.
That last bit is it's biggest drawback (and its price) to those that sometimes want to crank up the volume control.
For me it is loud enough though (listen at low levels, for which it is almost unrivaled) but... the price and dependence on the supplied 'energizer'.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It appears to play perfectly loud enough here, unless you are intent on premature hearing damage?
Keith

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I thought Mrs JJB wouldn't kill me I'd be sorely tempted...however I value retaining my private parts in one piece as being more desirable than a nice pair of headphones.

Although these are expensive everybody I know who has tried them has been genuinely impressed and said they really are rather special.

Top Bottom