• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Songs that ring a bell

Propheticus

You probably know this situation: you're listening to a new song and you get the uncanny feeling you already know it. It's not a cover however.
Then you start humming or whistling the other song you vaguely remember but don't quite know the lyrics to.
Aaaaah, what song ís that? You know you know it, but can't name it.
Now there's two options; 1) You decide to let it be and continue with what you were listening to, or 2) you engage in a search that you know won't stop until you found that other song.
I'm more of a type 2 guy. Perhaps more of you out there are like me.

Share your finds of songs that are not covers, but share uncanny resemblance.

I'll start, the melody played on trumpet in:
True Sorry - Ibrahim Maalouf

Sounds a lot like the vocal melody in:
Club Bizarre - U96

Wombat

Master Contributor
Happens all the time over a long time. Too many to remember.

OP
Propheticus

Propheticus

Let's exclude the numerous examples of (pop)music based on Pachelbel's Canon in D.
That should weed out half of them ;)
But yeah, happens often and I don't expect people to memorise them. But when you run into a fun (or unlikely) one, especially in completely different genres, you could post it here... or not, whatever.

Top Bottom