• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz SGP1

raest

1100$!?

considering taxes and shipping, it will probably be more expensive than the superior in every way except aesthetics Audiophonics Purifi. another great disappointment :(

EmZet

Well, when I initially asked whether they plan to release somtething last year that would fit their DAC line in terms of appearance and would be based on D-class design I was told that they were working on it. So...I was waiting and avoiding to buy likes such as nord, audiophonics and others with Purify module. Now I see I based my decision on false information & buying audiophonics purify amp and will be looking for DAC from the same brand to have it visually matched (of course meeting my quality requirements)

Zef

I'm not technician but maybe such à low distortion in high frequencies is not possible with class D tech?

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not technician but maybe such à low distortion in high frequencies is not possible with class D tech?
hypex and purifi amps already have distortion that’s beyond the threshold of hearing. If you’re going from class AB to a hypex or purifi class d amp you won’t hear a difference

Zef

Probably but it don't care, it's for the love of SOTA product and "Sinad war".

da Choge

Forum Donor
The 120W/channel @ 8 ohms is better than the 100W we were expecting. I'm happy with what I am seeing so far. Does anyone know how to order one of these if you live in the USA?

juliangst

The 120W/channel @ 8 ohms is better than the 100W we were expecting. I'm happy with what I am seeing so far. Does anyone know how to order one of these if you live in the USA?
Just wait a few days (weeks?). It will probably be available on shenzhenaudio, hifigo and those other hifi shops

da Choge

Forum Donor
Just wait a few days (weeks?). It will probably be available on shenzhenaudio . . . , etc . . .
Agreed. And I'm hoping Amir may magically receive one of these units to review in the meantime. Looking forward to an honest (ASR-level) review of this new amp!

juliangst

For 700 or 800€ I might consider it.
Purifi is a bit too expensive for me and the LA90 doesn’t have much power (or maybe it does?).
The Hypex NC502MP would be the only viable option for me at the moment.

da Choge

Forum Donor
IMO, for front panel esthetics, it would have been nice to have kept the silver torx fasteners (for the silver unit), and maybe even painted the machined-in top logo in black? (or in the case of the black unit, in white?; I dunno). Extremely minor and inconsequential points, but a lot of the appeal of this unit (what will make people buy it over other somewhat comparable units) is its appearance and nostalgic design features.
[EDIT: Nah, just leave the machined-in logo as is, but the silver unit would still look better with the silver-headed torx screws, at least on the front-panel fascia]

Last edited:

deafenears

Forum Donor
@WolfX-700 has internal shots of it, looks really neat!

Snoopy

Major Contributor
1100$!?

considering taxes and shipping, it will probably be more expensive than the superior in every way except aesthetics Audiophonics Purifi. another great disappointment :(
Shipping taxes.. warranty (returning something will be expensive )

Makes more sense to buy a purifi amp from audiophonics. (Free shipping, warranty, cheap and easy returns).

Electricity is getting more expensive in Europe at a considerable rate as well. (Another win for purifi. )

But so is gas, oil and wood. Maybe the A/B amp could offset some of the heating cost during winter . Just kidding

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Wolf's measurements are up.

Dvass13

Excited to hear some initial impressions of this unit or maybe see it reviewed here.

Reactions: Zef

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now listed and already in stock on @Audiophonics
soncoz-sgp1-amplificateur-de-puissance-class-ab-2x240w-4-ohm-noir~2.jpg
soncoz-sgp1-power-amplifier-class-ab-2x240w-4-ohm-silver~2.jpg
soncoz-sgp1-amplificateur-de-puissance-class-ab-2x240w-4-ohm-argent~2.jpg

Not cheap (1490€ inc VAT), but it seems to worth it.

mike70

In that price tag you have class D Purifi amplifiers ... or, something cheaper ... like smsl A2 (also 200 watts in 4 ohms) class D at 1k.

If you want to pay for vu meters, it's ok, life is too short and is your money.

Top Bottom