• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz SGP1

bahamot

Soncoz upcoming new power amp: SGP1, no other info available. Only these renders. Looks good to me ...
01.jpg

02.jpg

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks very promising!!! Looking forward for some specs....

TimW

Major Contributor
Found this video from September showing the internal design. I see 8 large transistors per side, and nothing that looks like large coils, so I would guess it is class AB or maybe G. In the middle of the chasses between some shielding plates is a plain cube which I would guess is the power supply. Given the size it may be a switching supply. It seems like a somewhat compact design but the size of the heatsinks and the number of output devices gives me hope that it has decent power output.

Veri

Master Contributor
Renders, but wow looks very nice. Love the retro-ish look.

da Choge

Forum Donor
OK, I'm going to bump this thread. Don't know if this is a real product that will eventually be released or not (that previous post by bahamot sure makes it look like it is real). It is apparent now that Topping is coming out with a power amp of its own and more info seems to be coming on April 26. But that thread, which was kinda related to this one, has been closed because of too much FUD being spewed out by people too impatient to wait for real information. The Topping amp looks like it will be a bare-bones power amp (nothing wrong with that). However, this Soncoz amp, if it is real and will eventually come out, hearkens back to the day of beautiful power display meters, etc. Obviously, many of us want to know more. If it is real, I will patiently await more actual info. So, anybody in the know, just keep our appetites wet and eagerly anticipating additional input. A power amp (possibly like this) will be my next purchase without a doubt. Just have to wait until the right one comes along. BTW, it needs a 12V trigger, at least, if not a remote.

Veri

Master Contributor
They posted videos of SGP1 prototype on their Facebook
Pretty smart of them to focus on what people like to see. Once it launches I'm betting this product can be a huge success on looks alone :D

EmZet

Hello, is end of June confirmed? (asking because it was constantly shifted from month to month since end of last year...and have to decide if it's not wiser to buy something else instead)

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any news on this amp? Haven't heard of it at all lately

Dvass13

Soncoz replied to my inquiry on Facebook on June 10th about the timing of its release:
"At the end on June"

So shouldn't be too long now.

Top Bottom