• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

Kane1972

Are drivers required for use with a Mac or are these DACs Class Compliant? Thanks

urfaust

Our black version of the machine is on the way, V23 version of the hardware fix previously involved in the problem.

A black version? as in real mat black or piano kind? now this is really pushing me to want it. I ll probably wait for the new batch and get one. I still have a Khadas in the meantime but more input and XLR out is a great addition. With a level meter on display and maybe bitrate, it would be the perfect endgame DAC to me.

Koeitje

Major Contributor

kmplng

@Ben1987 Does the SGD1 use an ESP for the internal controlling? If so which one? And will we be getting access to the code? Will it offer an API to control the DAC over Wifi? I would really like to see an Home Assistant Integration.

Ben1987

Audio Company
@Ben1987 Does the SGD1 use an ESP for the internal controlling? If so which one? And will we be getting access to the code? Will it offer an API to control the DAC over Wifi? I would really like to see an Home Assistant Integration.
Yes, have open APIs plan, but maybe later.
ESP32-PICO-D4

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are the current Amazon units the updated devices?

lkong

Anyone with hands on experience with Bluetooth and wifi?

Is bluetooth rather straight forward?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Anyone with hands on experience with Bluetooth and wifi?

Is bluetooth rather straight forward?
It depends how standard and/or documented the thing you're trying to do is. Standard stuff is well covered by libraries and fairly easy to deal with. Nonstandard but well documented things are reasonably easy. Poor documentation can be worse than none at all. Undocumented proprietary stuff can be a challenge. In other words pretty much like any software development.

jjluke

Hi Ben,

trying to place an order via Amazon UK, but the links provided 1) points to US 2) shows a lower price but an higher shipping fee. This last price makes the DAC even more expensive.
1580141812330.png

bequietjk

If ordering through amazon, currently, will color need to be specified with order purchase or will the black/grey option be available at a later time?

porotikos

nice! Cam we expect linka for purchasing the other model soon, as well? Thank you

Top Bottom