• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

James. B. Lansing

Forum Donor
Dealer
* Warning Subjective Commentary:
I spent some time with this DAC over the past week and I must say It is really impressive. Pairing it with an A90, Little Dot MKVIII
and Auralic Merak mono blocks it excels and I am finding it more dynamic, detailed and enjoyable than several other DACS in its class and above, falling short of Saber-X Pro. For anyone considering this DAC, but who is not quite sure on it I can certainly assure you it is very decent.

Yesterday my SGD1 arrived. I am very, very impressed. Incredible sound and build quality for the price. Just phantastic. In the last 30 years i had so many DACs, some really expensive high end gear and i have a big good hifi system. This DAC is just incredible. I am using PI4 with picoreplayer connected with usb to sgd1. High end streamer for peanuts. Very natural, warm, dynamic, powerfull sound.

Sophia Ann

Manufacturer
Yesterday my SGD1 arrived. I am very, very impressed. Incredible sound and build quality for the price. Just phantastic. In the last 30 years i had so many DACs, some really expensive high end gear and i have a big good hifi system. This DAC is just incredible. I am using PI4 with picoreplayer connected with usb to sgd1. High end streamer for peanuts. Very natural, warm, dynamic, powerfull sound.
Tomek, your satisfaction is our SONCOZ greatest motivator :p. From LA-QXD1 to SGD1, your attitude is always so positive and approving on our products. Really touched by your support.

@Sophia Ann & @Ben1987
I'm still enjoying a lot SGD1 with picoreplayer (usb C) and daphile (usb B) or even with hibymusic from my phone (usb C).
Do you have any plan for a newer firmware adding some direct update capabilities, show version (blinking led method), completely turn off BT, Wiffi...

Top Bottom