• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

porotikos

You must be playing using the default DirectSound output, and Windows will have set the device to 32-bit/44kHz default I suppose.

-you can try an exclusive mode output in foobar (WASAPI/ASIO output module needs to be installed). This will disable all effects, including things like equalizerAPO
-you can try setting Windows sample rate higher, but this will just cause windows to resample everything to one rate (not really recommended).
phewwwww thank you my friend, that was it.
my sonkoz control panel shows:
revision 5.01
vid/pid 0x152A/0x8826
driver 4.86.0
Should i assume i am at the latest firmware and revision hardware? thank youall. phewwwww again

jmillar

Hi guys,

A bit off-topic and a bit over-discussed, but maybe someone can provide a quick answer on this:

Is there any media player in Windows which can play back video files while directing the audio to the external DAC, so that the sound is reproduced at its full resolution? (e.g. video files with PCM 2.0 24bit/96kHz audio)

I had searched this in the past but I had not found any solid solution like e.g. Foobar for audio files.

Thank you in advance and sorry again for the off-topic question.

Have you tried VideoLan (VLC) ? It will reproduce video AND sound using the proper codecs.

Brab

My DAC is on its way back from Soncoz. Problem was a "burned small chip". What's the safest power supply to use with it just in case that was the problem?

porotikos

i think that might be mine problem as well. but i got it replaced. i am using a nokia power supply that is working great

Morpheus

Forum Donor
I can't get output of the Soncoz when I feed it from the coax out of my MiniDsp OpenDRC DI.
Sound path is: DVD optical out- toslink in MiniDsp- coax out - coax in on Soncoz-Rca out into amp. Using the toslink out from the MiniDsp I get sound from the Soncoz.
When I feed the same coax out of the MiniDsp into my amp's internal DAC it works every time, with no drops or clicks.
USB in is fine in the Soncoz, as is toslink directly from the DVD or MiniDsp, and USB conversion to coax out. Of course correct inputs and outputs where selected, volume on max, different cables tried and everything triple checked, miltiple times with different discs too. No sound whatsoever...
Anyone with same issue, any ideas, or can I assume I have a defective coax in on the Soncoz..?

Brab

What filter setting on the Soncoz would provide the most laid-back sound?

D

Deleted member 31709

@Ben1987 is there anyway you could enable DoP via Coax / Optical inputs of LA QXD1 as part of next firmware release?
I am on latest 1111 FW version.

Thanks!

max1236

I just bought this device new from hifi go in black . Have the issues been resolved or should I cancel my order?

jawbfl

I had my eyes on the LA-QXD1 but the issues on this thread made me look elsewhere, any reasons to reconsider? I have SH9 BTW.

jawbfl

Been told that everything after december, is fixed with new issues
Hi, is your new unit still working fine? I'm not sure if it's a good idea to get this DAC.

gvl

Major Contributor
Is the typical cause of missing audio in one or both channels known by now? Seems there were several reports of this issue.

jawbfl

Is the typical cause of missing audio in one or both channels known by now? Seems there were several reports of this issue.
This DAC looks dead to me, no responses, lot of issues, sold by only a few store for permanent discounts, I drop it from my list, if only I could still find those sweet SU8s :/

Labjr

Major Contributor
This DAC looks dead to me, no responses, lot of issues, sold by only a few store for permanent discounts, I drop it from my list, if only I could still find those sweet SU8s :/
Yep. Stay away!

jawbfl

What a shame! this was a great value, the only viable replacement now is the Khadas 2 but you need the proprietary cable to get 4V balanced which puts it at the $250 point not counting a decent power supply. Looks like with AKM out of the game, manufacturers are focusing on expensive DACs including Soncoz which seems to focus on the SGD1.

Top Bottom