• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

porotikos

Thank you. So, i cant get a refund, but only option os to get it serviced right? Problem is that now i may be forced tobpay customs? How can i be sure to avoid that. Also will amazon compensate my return shipping costs? Do i speak with amazon cuatomer service or with the seller directly? Thank you

EMMA

In China, there is a half-month holiday during the Spring Festival. Sorry for not replying the message in time.If there is a problem with the SONCOZ DAC, Don't worry, SONCOZ will be responsible and pay for it.

LukaV

The day i dreaded came.
Soncoz la-qxd1 is dead. it shows on the taskbar, but the sound out of it is some static with very low volume. i replaced it with khadas toneboard (thank god i have it) and all plays fine.
so, is there anything i should test before i send it to hell back?
i was very positive for Sonkoz but to hell with it.
Also i realised that it introduced some static to my console headphone out, which with toneboard it is not there

i ordered and bought from amazon.co.uk. can anyone tell me if i am still in warantee? i bought it 7 months ago. how do i proceed with amazon? to get my refund?

thank you guys. and i am really sorry that it failed.... but it did

Yeah i feel you. I allready returned mine last week. First left channel failed, right channel followed an hour later. Amazon was helpfull with return and also shipping refund. They have some in stock but i am not sure if i dare to give it another try. I like the sound of it, alot...but i dont want to listen to music, waiting it to dissapear one fine day... I am thinking it over.

porotikos

Yeah i feel you. I allready returned mine last week. First left channel failed, right channel followed an hour later. Amazon was helpfull with return and also shipping refund. They have some in stock but i am not sure if i dare to give it another try. I like the sound of it, alot...but i dont want to listen to music, waiting it to dissapear one fine day... I am thinking it over.
did they give you the option of returning for a refund or you just sent it back ndreceived a new one my friend? did you talk to amazon directly or with seller? was it amazon.co.uk or amazon.com? cheers. ill contact them in a minute

Cidious

I'm betting these are all earlier batches. Some adjustments have been made since then.

The harsh sad truth of being early adopters for a new brand.

I'm sure these issues will be ironed out over time with product development but it's sour nonetheless. And such a thing can ruin your confidence with a brand forever.

However they way these issues will be dealt with per customer issue and for future improvements will determine the future Soncoz.

I assume they will do the right thing and sort these things out for you guys and for future customers.

So far my unit has been going strong for over a month now on a 5v LPS. Definitely will keep you guys posted.

LukaV

did they give you the option of returning for a refund or you just sent it back ndreceived a new one my friend? did you talk to amazon directly or with seller? was it amazon.co.uk or amazon.com? cheers. ill contact them in a minute

Amazon UK. They will refound on my account and since first batches were black and silver, i guess i will give Soncoz another chance by getting new one (Amazon is offering it in grey, so i assume it is newer batch, hopefully issues resolved).
And i talked with Amazon CS. They are really helpfull.

Brab

In China, there is a half-month holiday during the Spring Festival. Sorry for not replying the message in time.If there is a problem with the SONCOZ DAC, Don't worry, SONCOZ will be responsible and pay for it.
That's not exactly what I was told by Ann at Soncoz. I have returned my failed unit at my expense. I am hoping Soncoz will do as you say and return a working unit at their expense. I made the mistake of buying directly from them.

EMMA

That's not exactly what I was told by Ann at Soncoz. I have returned my failed unit at my expense. I am hoping Soncoz will do as you say and return a working unit at their expense. I made the mistake of buying directly from them.
You know that we need to check and confirm the problem after receiving the damaged machine, because we are too far away, and hope to be patient.:)

EMMA

porotikos

i have to quote that my experience with the amazon seller is great. i already sent it back. i will be sent in a few days the new revision dac. they said that they will send my replacement before my dac arrives to them . this is great as i wont stay too long without a dac

Brab

i have to quote that my experience with the amazon seller is great. i already sent it back. i will be sent in a few days the new revision dac. they said that they will send my replacement before my dac arrives to them . this is great as i wont stay too long without a dac
Happy to hear it. I have to deal with Soncoz directly. I hope they will treat me as well as the Amazon seller is dealing with you.

alekksander

could someone test frequencies above 18kHz for me? i think there is some sort of harmonic distortion showing up, at least on my device, making it unsuitable to test human hearing. What is being clearly noticeable is some other clearly lower frequency about few k. I can't check anything under 50hz properly at the moment, but if someone could check these as well?

LukaV

Did anyone tried LA-QXD1 with a good linear power supply like Allo Shanti?
I have heard very good things from a friend with this pairing.
Keen to know feedback if anyone tried this?
All test were agreed that there isnt any difference in noise floor, but powerbank should keep you on the safe side. That is as far as you should even consider taking your power supply for it.

porotikos

My replacement dac just came. Woohooo. Can someone share a photo of your hardware that is shown to compare with mine? To crosscheck that i have the latest revision? What is the latest firmware?

porotikos

My replacement dac just came. Woohooo. Can someone share a photo of your hardware that is shown to compare with mine? To crosscheck that i have the latest revision? What is the latest firmware?
Btw i noticed tgat while i play in foobar a flac that is 98khz, soncoz shows it is currently playing at 44.1khz. Did i mess with settings? Is there something i should change?

Veri

Master Contributor
You must be playing using the default DirectSound output, and Windows will have set the device to 32-bit/44kHz default I suppose.

-you can try an exclusive mode output in foobar (WASAPI/ASIO output module needs to be installed). This will disable all effects, including things like equalizerAPO
-you can try setting Windows sample rate higher, but this will just cause windows to resample everything to one rate (not really recommended).

Top Bottom