• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Loniceraudio? And I thought Soncoz was bad enough. Just having a little fun here.

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The English shop button on their website doesn't work with Firefox. :-(

gfx_1

I see this comes with a Thesycon Driver V4.82 that you can download from their website, (...) What's the purpose of these downloadable drivers?
Windows 7 requires them. Windows 10 is plug and play. At least with my topping dac, was playing around with an old laptop today.

Ben1987

Audio Company
I didn't get a LA-QXD1 Manual with my sample so I don't know.
Thank you for your professional review. I'm so sorry for missing the LA-QXD1 Manual.
BTW, Am I missing something about low frequency noise(the blue channel)? Does RCA output have the same low frequency noise?

Xyrium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Appreciate you connecting this to aux power Amir, thanks for the review as always!

Nice work Ben. I think we're all curious about the RCA outputs now...

starfly

Forum Donor
@Ben1987 You should add a 12V trigger output to these things for system integration. Would be another unique selling point as those aren't common on external dacs. Or at least, add one to your other dac :)

12v trigger could for example automatically switch on a power amp that's being fed from the dac.

arecibo

@Ben1987 Is this available for order now? EN shop link is not operational.
If it's not, can you give us a date?

Ben1987

Audio Company
I'm assuming this will ship from Shenzhen. Any plans for US-based distributors?
We are communicating with the dealers of US. We will inform them as soon as there is any new information.Considering the logistics situation, the best way to purchase is to contact my colleague: Message @Ann or email Ann.

onslash

I'm interested in pairing this with my nvidia shield tv pro. Does it have auto on/off like when it detects input from usb ? At the very least auto standby?

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Nice inexpensive balanced DAC. Does it come with a cable for the power input as it looks like a slightly non standard USB C connection.

Top Bottom